Laptop karaoke

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
tayfunistanbul

Post by tayfunistanbul »

two mic input mix amp is 25 $ :) dopi karaoke. I will buy that one as a kid toy for first :) in Vancouver. Thanks.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

tayfunistanbul wrote:two mic input mix amp is 25 $ :) dopi karaoke. I will buy that one as a kid toy for first :) in Vancouver. Thanks.
Hi again,
Unless I'm reading your post wrong, I think you're still not getting the gist of what you need for Karaoke.

If the mixer you're about to get ONLY has a couple of microphone inputs, that's OK but you'll still need to mix in your music source, i.e. your laptop audio output.

Realistically, you'll need a minimum of two microphone channels and a stereo line input mixer or mixer/amp.

You will be able to get a cheap and cheerful 4 to 8 channel mixer on Ebay but remember, at toy money prices, you'll only get a toy mixer that won't have any bells and whistles such as tone controls, echo, reverb, etc.

If you have any aspiration to run a Karaoke for anything more than home use, you really need to look at decent equipment as soon as possible, rather than paying more than once by upgrading later.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:?

I'm confused...

maybe he just wants to sit in front of his laptop and sing along.
druelas

Post by druelas »

Need help!!! I have a Mackie 1402vlz3, Dell d620 latitude laptop, WD (1TB) external hard drive, external computer monitor with stand, Power CD+G burner, Pilot Song Book Creator, microphones and cables. Want to start doing karaoke at Country Western Club locally. Also, what else would be needed to put everything together... audio interface, karma karaoke software? Would like step by step instructions on how to connect everything together. Probably a lot to ask for but hoping someone can help. God Bless!

David
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi druelas,
if you have a look at the very top of this page, you'll find a link to the home page of karaoke-tutor.com.

Click it and enjoy.

All the info you are likely to need.

Sandy.