purchased mtu hoster having some trouble first try at karaok

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
poohbear

purchased mtu hoster having some trouble first try at karaok

Post by poohbear »

i downloaded to my home computer because i can copy cd+g better with this computer i copyed kma to 500gb hard drive and put hoster on second computer (laptop) things were working and asa result of trying to work with this i did something and all music i had on the lap top about 600 song got mixed in with the kma's (had about 140 songs) and that messed up the whole thing, i deleted all the songs i found and now hoster will not import from cdg say abort when i do the import if i go to the karoke button i can get the song but that a pain

anyhelp please

thanks dennis
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Dennis,
welcome to the forum.

First up and I don't want you to think I'm being hyper critical but you'll need to fix your grammar a bit as your post above is virtually unintelligible, sorry!

I'm not an MTU Hoster expert and I'm sure one will be along in a moment but let me try to get more details from you.

Presumably, you have KMA and CD+G files?

You mixed up the KMA and CD+G files?

In trying to sort it out, you inadvertantly deleted a lot of files? (you say songs but do you mean KMA, MP3 or CD+G files?)

Hoster won't import from your music folder?

Not being up on Hoster but I assume it's like most other Karaoke software and has a user definable database, so you should be able to remove the database entry as it is now and re-log the music folder again.

However, I advise you to wait until someone who actually uses MTU Hoster comes along to give you better information.

Sandy
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
poohbear

Post by poohbear »

Thanks I fixed it, working great,not the best at typing so i guess you got me there.But all is well and I'll do the best i can.
thanks dennis
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

poohbear wrote:Thanks I fixed it, working great,not the best at typing so i guess you got me there.But all is well and I'll do the best i can.
Hi Dennis,
glad you got it sorted out.

Don't worry about the typing, by the way.

I have little fat fingers myself, so have to take a good look at my post before I commit to putting it up for all to see.

Best of luck with your system.

Sandy