Made In China...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Made In China...

Post by Bigdog »

I just bought a new Shure microphone.

The shipping label says it's from Shure in Illinois.

The box was sealed with tape with Chinese writing on it

Opening the actual microphone box ....the instruction book is in every language but English. There is a piece of paper with the Shure name and all Chinese writing on it and it says it was printed in the USA. :? :lol:

The label on the microphone box says Made in China.

Now the big screw up..

I ordered only the microphone (transmitter) and paid $219...supposedly. Not from Shure but an online company.

I received a reciever and the transmitter. Now I have to check with the credit card company to see how much I was charged.

The best price I have found for the set is $519 at my local music store. :shock: Better than any internet price and this music store sells on line from their site.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Hmmm...

I just checked my credit card account....I was only charged $219 for the transmitter (microphone.) That means the receiver was free. :shock:

I will attempt to buy a few more of these and see what happens.
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

Do let us know if it continues to work the same. And advise us of your source as well.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Busted.... :cry:

I received a phone call today saying Shure made a mistake and sent the wrong stuff and I would be getting a return shipping label to return the receiver at their expense...

I had to cancel the other 3....
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

Do you think ordering 3 more may have alerted them to their mistake? I mean, I would have pressed-to-test myself, but I was just curious as to the sequence of the re-order and the notification.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

No... they called me and said Shure shipped the wrong thing. But I think when Shure billed them for the entire set that's when they realised the mistake.

Hey it was worth a shot. :roll: