Jackie Evancho...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Jackie Evancho...

Post by Bigdog »

The guy that "won" last night is a dime a dozen talent, if that. I can show them to you at my shows 5 nights a week. Just as good or better than him.

Jackie falls into a catagory by herself. She is a super talent for any age group.

I haven't been able to watch the show because I'm working those nights. But I have recently watched her video performances on the internet.

This is the truth...As I watched her singing, tears literally streamed down my face. I mean really crying.... :cry: Absolutely beautiful to hear and watch. She will be a very big star very shortly. Like a Celine Dion or Madonna. A super star and rightfully so. All 3 judges said it and believe it.

Did I see Sharon flip out when they said Michael won???? She couldn't believe he won.

I snuck out of karaoke tonight while people were singing to watch them announce the winner. :oops:

It was disappointing to see her lose. But she will be stronger and there is no doubt the offers will be lined up at her front door before she gets home. There has to be a lot of MAJOR record labels chomping at the bit to land her. She is already a multi-millionaire...she just doesn't know who will be giving it to her.

She will have more offers than the rest of the acts combined. :shock:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Thinking about it now....she has just become a victim of a karaoke contest judging fiasco. :shock:

She probably got screwed somehow. :shock: Age, probably. Too young for Vegas or something else really stupid. :roll:
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

It's my opinion that Jackie's angelic voice is too good for the likes of Las Vegas. She deserves concert halls and such. Since she first appeared, I maintained that little girl doesn't need to cope with the stresses associated with that sort of gig. She needs to have as much opportunity as possible to grow up as any child. There'll be plenty of time for this mature stuff as she hones her talent. She doesn’t need to become another burned out child star has-been. She's received the national exposure she needed; now it's up to her parents to manage her career appropriately. I pray they do.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

How much more pressure do you think she has had being seen performing in front of a world wide TV audience for millions of people, for a million dollars?? :shock:

She was perfectly composed and sang flawlessly. She acted way more mature than her age. She was gracious and humble.

Celine Dion has an entire venue in Vegas built around her show. Jackie could have the same type of deal.

Her age does put her in a very different catagory and she could be subjected to a lot of things normal kids will never have. Unfortunately the way fame and fortune happen, it's all a matter of timing and luck and opportunity. She needs to strike while the iron is hot. Her opportunity could pass her by. Not saying it won't be there later but you never know what's going to happen to you tomorrow. She could hit puberty and her voice could change. :shock: Then she could grow up to be a typical screaming karaoke drunk. :roll:

This is her time, like it or not. Ready or not. She could burn out but so can you or I. She wouldn't be the first or the last. But I would rather burn out rich than to have nothing to show for it. She could be set for life by the age of 12. :shock:
Fame is fleeting. She could totally miss her opportunity.

Just in this very moment......Next Thursday she'll be on Leno....Take the money and run...hoot hoot...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Jackie Evancho...

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:The guy that "won" last night is a dime a dozen talent, if that. I can show them to you at my shows 5 nights a week. Just as good or better than him.

Jackie falls into a catagory by herself. She is a super talent for any age group.

I haven't been able to watch the show because I'm working those nights. But I have recently watched her video performances on the internet.

This is the truth...As I watched her singing, tears literally streamed down my face. I mean really crying.... :cry: Absolutely beautiful to hear and watch. She will be a very big star very shortly. Like a Celine Dion or Madonna. A super star and rightfully so. All 3 judges said it and believe it.

Did I see Sharon flip out when they said Michael won???? She couldn't believe he won.

I snuck out of karaoke tonight while people were singing to watch them announce the winner. :oops:

It was disappointing to see her lose. But she will be stronger and there is no doubt the offers will be lined up at her front door before she gets home. There has to be a lot of MAJOR record labels chomping at the bit to land her. She is already a multi-millionaire...she just doesn't know who will be giving it to her.

First off there is no way in hell that you will ever convince me that you have even one person, much less one five nights a week, with near the talent of Michael Grimm. This man is hugely talented with vocal abilities that rival Michael Bolton and other great singers of this era.

Whether or not he should have won over Jackie is another thing. Her vocal talent is exceptional but her chosen music genre is far less popular. What percentage of people that you know buy opera music or go to operas? When was the last time someone at your show requested a Pavarotti song?

I agree with JR that Vegas is no place for Jackie Evancho. And no amount of money is worth the emotional damage that could be inflicted on her by pushing her to become a "superstar" too soon. Losing this contest may have been the best thing for her.
Bigdog

Re: Jackie Evancho...

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:The guy that "won" last night is a dime a dozen talent, if that. I can show them to you at my shows 5 nights a week. Just as good or better than him.

First off there is no way in hell that you will ever convince me that you have even one person, much less one five nights a week, with near the talent of Michael Grimm. This man is hugely talented with vocal abilities that rival Michael Bolton and other great singers of this era.

Whether or not he should have won over Jackie is another thing. Her vocal talent is exceptional but her chosen music genre is far less popular. What percentage of people that you know buy opera music or go to operas? When was the last time someone at your show requested a Pavarotti song?

I agree with JR that Vegas is no place for Jackie Evancho. And no amount of money is worth the emotional damage that could be inflicted on her by pushing her to become a "superstar" too soon. Losing this contest may have been the best thing for her.
I can guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands of singers as good or better than Michael.

Just because you don't know them or haven't heard about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Right after Kenny Rogers hit it big I saw him on a TV interview where he even admitted he wasn't the best singer around. he was just at the right place at the right time. In his time there were not too many singers that had as much fame as him.

I still stand by my statement about the talent level of my singers.

When I tell you I don't get a screaming drunk crowd and that I do attract singers that are more serious and more talented, I mean it.

If other KJs don't have my success at attracting talent, don't blame me.

As far a Jackie, being a super star talent at the age of 10, WHICH SHE IS, it just doesn't happen everyday. You would be lucky to see a talent like her again in your lifetime.

She was far superior to Michael or her worst day. Just because she sang opera music has no berring on the topic. She could have sang in Chinese and won. Anyone with any hearing at all could recognise what she posesses in her voice. She is a rare gifted talent for any age. At her age it's an even bigger deal. She's is naturally talented. She will be huge unless something catastrophic happens.

I don't know her, never met her or even heard about her until she started winning. I don't care if she lives on Mars....She is a very unique gift.

She lost the contest for reasons unknown. It will not hinder her rise to fame. She will make more money in 3 years than Michael will make in the rest of his life. It will because of her talent level. She can and will rival any of the greatest singers of our time.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Whether you want to admit it or not, if Jackie Evancho was twenty instead of ten she would not be near as big a deal. There are many adult opera singers as good and better than her. Only her age makes her unique.
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Like wiseguy said.... If she was twenty years old I don't think it would be that big of a deal. All those type shows are popularity contests anyways. Grimm is very talented IMHO and I was hoping he'd win. I don't care for opera in any way and though I think the little girl is talented I doubt she goes mainstream and becomes a pop icon, etc.
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

Bigdog wrote:How much more pressure do you think she has had being seen performing in front of a world wide TV audience for millions of people, for a million dollars?? :shock:

She was perfectly composed and sang flawlessly. She acted way more mature than her age. She was gracious and humble.

Celine Dion has an entire venue in Vegas built around her show. Jackie could have the same type of deal.

Her age does put her in a very different catagory and she could be subjected to a lot of things normal kids will never have. Unfortunately the way fame and fortune happen, it's all a matter of timing and luck and opportunity. She needs to strike while the iron is hot. Her opportunity could pass her by. Not saying it won't be there later but you never know what's going to happen to you tomorrow. She could hit puberty and her voice could change. :shock: Then she could grow up to be a typical screaming karaoke drunk. :roll:

This is her time, like it or not. Ready or not. She could burn out but so can you or I. She wouldn't be the first or the last. But I would rather burn out rich than to have nothing to show for it. She could be set for life by the age of 12. :shock:
Fame is fleeting. She could totally miss her opportunity.

Just in this very moment......Next Thursday she'll be on Leno....Take the money and run...hoot hoot...
Well I wasn't referring to her performance, rather the BS that accompanies such stardom; the outside stresses and influences brought about by those who think they can make a buck off her talent.

So I continue to maintain that she should have the opportunity to be an ordinary kid (albeit with an extraordinary talent) for as long as she can before she has to deal with the showbiz BS.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Jackie has stated that she has no interest in going into opera singing. :shock:

I don't know who or how that came about as her singing it for the talent show. Maybe it was to show how extremely talented she is. Because of the difficulty factor of opera. Michael didn't sing anything that I couldn't do sleeping.

Yes almost every type of contest turns into a popularity contest. Singing contests should be blind contests in that every singer should stand behind a wall and you never get to see what they look like. :shock:

Jackie is beautiful and has the voice. Michael isn't the best looking singer around. Meaning she will be more marketable. If she continues to improve she will be untouchable.

Hey I have tremendous pressure running a professional karaoke show. You learn to deal with it. :shock:

There are many mentally weak persons that can't handle any type of pressure. Look at every dope addict, drunk and suicide victim.

She could end up like Paris Hilton & Lindsey Lohan..as total waste. She could just as easily not. That's not a reason to not become famous or stop her from it. Everything in moderation. Not every famous person is a waste. She could become a waste not being famous. If that's what she chooses.

If there are 20 year olds as good as her...they will have to be at the right place at the right time too.

Jackie was picked off the internet. If I wanted to become famous that is where I would be. Singing on the net. Other talented people were not picked. She had the most votes from the internet candidates.

It's her time. Regardless of age. Ready or not the opportunity is there at this instant. If she hesitates it could be gone.

If you had the opportunity right now would you say...I better not I might not be able to handle the pressure?

Everyone growing up quickly learns they would like to be rich and famous. How many get that chance? How many try? She made it. In a very short time. Extremely lucky and extremely talented.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The reason Jackie didn't win... :shock:

The million dollars is paid over 40 years....Michael won't live long enough to collect it all.

Jackie will only be 50.... :shock:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Dateline..September 18, 2011

Michael who???? :roll:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

She just landed a record deal.... :D
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:She just landed a record deal.... :D
Michael Grimm signed a record deal with Epic Records. In a year from now let's see who sells the most albums.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

To be fair, since we don't have any timetable for when they are going to have albums released, we should just compare statistics from each of their first album sales...whenever that is ...setting a year from now as the be all end all, might not tell the entire story for either one of them.

We have seen major artists work on albums for 5 years...now if either one of them takes that long the iron will be too cold to strike.