Jackie Evancho...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:To be fair, since we don't have any timetable for when they are going to have albums released, we should just compare statistics from each of their first album sales...whenever that is ...setting a year from now as the be all end all, might not tell the entire story for either one of them.

We have seen major artists work on albums for 5 years...now if either one of them takes that long the iron will be too cold to strike.
Valid points. So let's just say the album sales one year after the release of their first album.

I really don't think that it will be that long. Michael says he already knows exactly what he wants to do on his album and being 30 years old I don't think he'll waste any time getting it out there.

And I would imagine the record company will want Jackie to come out with an album very soon so they can capitalize on the novelty of her age. It will be interesting to see what type of music is on her first album.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Both artists will need to have songs and a general album concept. Michael may have one but the record company may have a different idea. Jackies handlers will have to figure out which will be the best way to capitalise on her talent. Neither one of them really has a image to speak of. Jackie has voiced her intentions not to actively pursue opera. The record deal may be totally oposite. They own you now and you pretty much do it their way. So now you have to decide...rich and their way or poor and my way.

Coming up with new material that best showcases their individual talents will not be easy.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well....where is what's his name? :roll:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Jackie will sing tonight in Rockafella Plaza's Christmas tree lighting. :D
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just a thought...

They could be looking at Jackie like someone that could be like the next Shirley Temple...America's Little Darling. Shirley was very popular in the day. But I don't know if the same would apply to someone like that today.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Jackie sang at the National Christmas tree lighting in DC and met the President....

Where's Who Dat?.... :shock:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You need to accept that she is only a big deal because of her age. If she was 31 (Michael Grimm's age) nobody would know who she was.

Michael, on the other hand, does not have the "child prodigy" benefit and must rely solely on talent. He is currently building his portfolio buy touring and appearing with superstars like BB King, Martina McBride, and others, while working on his first major album.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Both are singers and both were in the same contest making them equal.

She already and an album on the charts. She was robbed.... :x

He's touring with has beens.... :shock:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Both are singers and both were in the same contest making them equal.

She already and an album on the charts. She was robbed.... :x

He's touring with has beens.... :shock:
The point is that Jackie would not have even been in the contest if she was 30. And like it or not she LOST the contest.

You think Martina McBride is a has been? She is at the top of her game, touring and making a fortune. Michael is doing things the right way. Taking his time and getting experience. His first album will be well planned out.

On the other hand, Jackie has to strike quickly. In a few years she'll lose her age novelty and nobody will care about her any longer.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The average lifespan of any group or solo act is 1 1/2 years. (On the Charts)

Gin Blossoms is a perfect example of this. Unless they are exceptionally talented. Pick any major artist that is over 10 years on the charts.

She will outlast him because she's cute.

Take any talent show with different types of acts.

Cute animals always win.

Then you have cute kids. If there are no animals.

The you have sex winning. So if no animals and kids, woman wins.

Then comes men. If no dogs, kids or women. :shock:

That pretty much sums it up.

I still say she will outlast him. :wink:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bigdog wrote:The reason Jackie didn't win... :shock:

The million dollars is paid over 40 years....Michael won't live long enough to collect it all.

Jackie will only be 50.... :shock:
If they were the same age...she would have kicked his A$$....it was all about the money and they saved some by picking him because of his age. :shock:

Take that to the bank. Money rules...
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

I previously read the posts on this topic but until saturday night when Jackie Evancho appeared a a guest singer in the final of 'britains got talent' had never heard her. Well she was amazing. How can such a voice come from such a young girl. The finalists in this show couldnt hold a candle to her.
How she only came second in your final I don't know. I will have to google the winner.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

CORVETTE wrote:I previously read the posts on this topic but until saturday night when Jackie Evancho appeared a a guest singer in the final of 'britains got talent' had never heard her. Well she was amazing. How can such a voice come from such a young girl. The finalists in this show couldnt hold a candle to her.
How she only came second in your final I don't know. I will have to google the winner.
I say it was about the money.

If they picked her she would live long enough to get all the million....he may not....I think it's pretty simple.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The final winner of America's Got Talent is chosen by the viewers. It has nothing with any money conspiracy. More viewers voted for Micheal Grimm... plain and simple.