Attempt at Humor Failed

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Attempt at Humor Failed

Post by Bigdog »

You know how we have to be everything while doing a show. MC, sound man, technical person, roadie, comic.....

Well, I'm always trying to make people laugh which means I make up a lot of jokes and whatever it takes.....

Sometimes you know when you do "improv" things come out wrong or are taken at a different, meaning. Once it's out ...it's out and it can't be retrived.

I was trying to be funny recently and to get the girl to sing more songs...

I ended up making her mad with something I said to be funny.

She hasn't been back for several months now. I think she was really mad...I didn't know how mad until she quit coming....

So now what?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Some people are just over sensitive and I prefer to not have them around me. I would simply forget about her.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Yep.
Some people's ego's are a tad delicate.

Saturday night, I was at my usual watering hole, Karaoke by Karen & Derek.

Usually, Derek runs the show, while Karen herds the punters to the mike(s), looks up songs the lazy sods can't be bothered to and is the general dogsbody.

This has worked well but last night, they decided to have a switcheroo and Karen was running the show.

This was going well apart from one minor problem, namely Karen's right boob (and a fine boob it is).

Periodically, unknown to me before I came in, this magnificent mammary managed to dislodge a cable from the amp and cut the singer's vocals.

Also unknown to me, Karen who normally has a wicked sense of humour was getting stressed out by this, so when it happened and I jocularly shouted "Sack the KJ", she was not best pleased.

Fortunately, her sense of humour quickly returned and resulted in many hugs, with the aforementioned mammaries being squeezed into my torso. :redface:

Hey Ho!!! Every cloud has a Silver lining! :mrgreen:

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

One very top heavy bartender was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood...

I walked up to her and said...My what big lungs you have.... :roll: :oops: :twisted:
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

Oh how excruciating can be the deafening sound of that solitary cricket... :?
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Update...she came back this week and I apologized for putting my foot in my mouth..She said it's OK :shock:

What that I apologized or put my foot in my mouth??? :lol: :roll:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Update...she came back this week and I apologized for putting my foot in my mouth..She said it's OK :shock:

What that I apologized or put my foot in my mouth??? :lol: :roll:
Might be an idea to very gently ask what got on her threepennies, so you can avoid the topic in future.

Sandy