Singer rotation

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
guitarpat

Singer rotation

Post by guitarpat »

I've done 3 shows so far. It's going great but when I start getting busy I have a hard time keeping my rotation strait. Does anyone have any methods or tips that could help?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use a laptop to do my shows, but I still use slips and they lay on my table in the singer's order. I won't stop using slips.

Some KJs use tablets or sign up sheets and keep lists. Some hosting programs will keep a queue.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use my hosting program to keep it straight. Once their name and song is in the computer then I throw it away.
mnementh

Re: Singer rotation

Post by mnementh »

guitarpat wrote:I've done 3 shows so far. It's going great but when I start getting busy I have a hard time keeping my rotation strait. Does anyone have any methods or tips that could help?
If you're not computerized, then slips rule.

Make sure your audience is aware that "No slip, no sing" is the rule, simple as.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Also if your not computerized, take the slips with you when you leave the system. It will keep someone from messing with your rotation.
jr2423

Post by jr2423 »

DanG2006 wrote:Also if your not computerized, take the slips with you when you leave the system. It will keep someone from messing with your rotation.
The use of a big white board keeps the rotation transparent and regardless of where the slips lie, I dare someone to attempt to mess with the board in front of the rest of the singers. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. 8)

I use slips and a large white board. When I go to using the computer I'll be using slips, a white board and a laptop. After I make the switch to computer I'll be able to better determine which of the previous modes (if any) I'll be able to eliminate.
JR & Michele LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
http://www.diehardkaraoke.com
[email protected]
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I like the slips because I save them and the singer can use them next show.

I don't like broadcasting with a big board that the entire crowd can see. I never announce how many singers I have.

These things I feel might make the crowd leave if they actually know when they will be singing again in an hour and a half or more. If it's not constantly in their face for them to study all night, the time might go by faster and they won't leave.

The slips laying on my table are arranged in order and anyone is welcome to come up and look. If you hand me 20 slips they go in your pile and I'll play them down the pile in the order you have them arranged.

I'm a trained professional and I can manage it if you hand me more than one slip at a time.

I'll also save your place in the rotation if you are late handing me your next slip. Your place might get moved to reflect your lateness but you won't be skipped for that rotation unless you want to be.

I also use colored markers to lay on the slips so I know who is using which colored microphone.

I don't see me ever not using slips.