Going to Charlotte, NC

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Going to Charlotte, NC

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm going on my first trip in nine years to get to tour the studios of Sound Choice and meet both the owners of Sound Choice and the owners of Chartbusters. I leave for Charlotte Tomorrow afternoon and don't get there until Monday morning. Have a full days activities that includes a brainstorming session to discuss how to better deal with piracy in the industry. I will be coming back with product as well as a covenant not to sue from both Sound Choice and Chartbuster. All I have to do to get that is to show them my discs.
Hopefully I will learn how to approach bars and convince them that they aren't taking a risk in hiring me.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just got back today at 11 am. The trip went well. Met some cool people, fellow KJ's from another board plus the owners of Sound Choice and Chartbuster. We talked about ways to fight piracy, how to make KIAA a more viable entity. Got a tour of Sound Choice's studios as well as their building. Got my product, yeah I know you y=told me not to but I just couldn't turn down the deal I got to purchase the GEM series, if you don't hear from me in ten days, that means I'm busy importing the 200+ discs I came home with. I passed my audits with 100%.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Since the discs contain MP3+G files all you should need to do is copy them over to a hard drive... right? That shouldn't take too long. Are the songs named properly or must you rename them all?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm doing it 20 discs at a time. They are named right. I having to zip them though. Not gonna take forever, I could probably get ten to twenty more done tonight but I haven't slept since 8 am yesterday.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I ended up doing the extra 20 after all.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I've gotten 60 of them done right now. Will get to another 20 later in the day. Doing it in bunches of 40 a day.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay I just finished the transfer of the zipped files after zipping them up with power Karaoke's CDG burner. In converting mode it took three days to convert 200 discs to zip format. Compuhost is out of the question because it doesn't reckognize 38 files because they are named wrong.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote:Okay I just finished the transfer of the zipped files after zipping them up with power Karaoke's CDG burner. In converting mode it took three days to convert 200 discs to zip format. Compuhost is out of the question because it doesn't reckognize 38 files because they are named wrong.
thank god I also own JustKaraoke. It recognized all the files. I had to go into the database and edit the names but that was just a few songs. I renamed 30 files via windows.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just got my certificate from Sound Choice. For those interested go to http://www.soundchoicestore.com/certifi ... pg-69.html to check out who else is certified. I'm the third one listed. Granted it was listed in alphabetical order by state.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Is that the complete list? :shock:

So you're saying only 9 KJs in the entire country have fallin'...Er..aaa...I ..mean...Kissed their...Aaaa..I mean... :shock:

What's next the end of the karaoke industry? :roll:

I'm 6 months behind in my updates..should I buy them or just kill myself? :?
MikoZuna

Post by MikoZuna »

so, you had to go ll the way to NC to do this.. on your dime?

Frank Tanner from good trime karaoke in florida, got to sit in front of webcam on skype and flash a handfull of cd's and got certified..

nice double standard on their part.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For your information, Frank also came and went through two full audits as well. It was worth it to meet Kurt, Debbi and Norvill. They are the nicest people you can ever meet. Plus I came back with over 6000 of the best quality tracks one can get.
MikoZuna

Post by MikoZuna »

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

took them 6 hours to go through the audits. They are supportive of SC in their actions because they have seen a drastic reduction of pirate operated shows and addition of new shows for them. They are even now as we speak working on setting up a fourth system. Sounds to me like they came out ahead after being named.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

So what is the true story here? Were they falsely accused or were they caught and let off the hook? These are the only two possible scenarios.