Effects Processor or Dual Reverb/Delay

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
boonie

Effects Processor or Dual Reverb/Delay

Post by boonie »

I'm looking for a sound effect device that provides reverb and delay in assisting home karaoke singing. I bought a mixer (MX1204 - Pro Audio 12 Channel MX1204 audio mixing) that does not have these features. So, the new device would connect between a microphone system and the mixer somehow.

I looked at a Lexicon MX200, but this is way over killed for home karaoke singing. Does anyone have suggestion for a low cost device that would satisfy this home karaoke singing?

Thanks,
Boonie

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I've had that Lexicon model in my living room system for about 5 years. I still don't know how to work it because I never have had time to mess with it too much.

It's nicer than the one I use on my playing out system. You can actually use 2 different effects at one time. my playing out unit can only do one at a time.

Both of them cost me $200 each, new. :shock:

For the money the Lexicon is a sweet unit. The music store owner that sold it to me was very impressed with all it's features for the money.

You could look for some used stuff at your local music stores or on line. I go the one I use in my playing out system used on line.
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

there are better options than those rack mount Lexicon.. have you ever tried pedal base effects?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/signal-processors
tta

Post by tta »

I am too looking for some sort of editable echo/delay effects processor. Here is my setup:
- QSC1450 amp.
- Behringer US2442FX mixer
- Behringer ultragraph FBQ3102 EQ.
- Yamaha 12" PA speakers.
- Definitive speakers with built in sub woofer.
- Shure SM58 microphones.
- DVD players. Yes more than 1.

The built in effects processor in the mixer does not give me the option to edit echo/delay/reverb. The vocals are somewhat mediocre.

I was looking at a Behringer Virtualizer Pro Effects Processor DSP2024P as an option, but not sure if this will make the vocals better.

What gear (rack mount) would you recommend to make it (vocals) sound better? The music is beautiful. I have no complaints at all.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The Lexicon above.