This is weird and interesting.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Well, BigDog, the only thing I can say is that if you TRULY think that you are an agent of EEEEEEEE-uh-Vil as that article states, why do you willingly continue as a karaoke host?

I mean, to unknowingly cause harm is ignorance. But now you "know" that being a karaoke host leads millions down the the primrose path to hell and damnation.

Nowhere do you state that you intend to cease being a KJ.

The only conclusion left is that you're a willing agent of Satan, and all your posts bemoaning the loss of moral fiber in your patrons are simply gloating disguised as complaint.

. . . except for the fact that the statements in the linked article are a steaming pile of happy horse hockey, which you know as well as anyone else around here.

Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:twisted:

That being said... :shock: :lol:

There is a lot of interesting info about it on youtube and other sites.

Look up "blood scarifice for fame" on yahoo and check out the different sites and the stories.

Then again it all boils down to is there a God? If there is then there has to be a Devil. It can't be both ways. Or one or the other.

Why does the vast majority of humans since way back when..believe there is someone higher? Out of fear or is there really the need in human kind genetically or whatever to believe or know there is someone higher?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Why does the vast majority of humans since way back when..believe there is someone higher? Out of fear or is there really the need in human kind genetically or whatever to believe or know there is someone higher?
It's this simple. People have always needed some explanation for things they can't explain logically. We now can explain most of these things scientifically and know that they can occur without the presence of a higher power. The book of Genesis and creationism have been totally disproved (except to the narrow minded).

Also, people are so afraid of dying that they just can't accept that this is all there is. It's comforting if they allow themselves to believe in God, heaven, and an afterlife.

Those who hold onto the God delusion are victims of centuries of brainwashing. Organized religion is true evil.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Keep your distance when the lightning bolts start flying... :shock:

Or is it disintegrator laser beams from alien spaceships? :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Keep your distance when the lightning bolts start flying... :shock:

Or is it disintegrator laser beams from alien spaceships? :roll:
I'm afraid of neither of those things.

I am afraid of those who would use the fear of a nonexistent god to try to control me.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I suggested the same thing years ago. If I wanted to control a bunch of people I might use something like fire & brimestone.

That said...when you are at your last 10 seconds of life...will you believe just incase? :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:That said...when you are at your last 10 seconds of life...will you believe just incase?
No, because the concept is as ridiculous to me as fairies and leprechauns.
djBe

Post by djBe »

Well in the words of the one true god - No one gets out of here alive. };=D

I agree with wiseguy that every religion is crap - the mere mortals who invent and perpetuate religions are just as dumb as KJs, and equally ill-equipped to fathom the cosmos.

I also agree with bigdog in that music sure does influence people. But not just to do bad deeds...music has inspired people to do countless good deeds as well.

The debate between you two is essentially a chicken-egg thing - which came first the music instigating society's ills or society's ills inspiring the music? Well, music is so dynamic that it's basically simultaneous...so IMHO you guys have debated that to a gentleman's tie.

The scientific answer to chicken-egg is that something not quite a chicken laid an egg that hatched something that quite nearly was. Applying that to the universe (which all religions endeavor to explain), which came first the big bang that created the universe or the universe in which the big bang occurred? Or, like many religious folks like to say, "Who caused the big bang?"

Obviously it wasn't Santa, God-with-the-throne-on-a-cloud, leprachauns, Jesus, Mohammed, Moses or that hindu babe who would be super hot if it weren't for those six arms or hers. But obviously it was some kind of power or causal agent, the dynamics of which are impossible to explain, worship or even speculate about - look how pathetic my attempt is to speculate about it here!

All we can do is observe. And recent advances in radio telescopy and super computing have allowed us to discover the greatest miracle of all: Everything in space is expanding, and not just from some incalculable Big Bang starting point though that is observed to be happening too. Now scientists have discovered that everything in space is getting farther away from everything else IN EVERY DIRECTION AT ONCE. Professors use the "rising raisin bread loaf" to illustrate this incomprehensible and ongoing development.

Illuminati...arks...angels...satan...walking on water...getting favored army treatment from heaven...all of these myths, even if true, pale before the fact that EVERYTHING IS GETTING FARTHER AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AT ONCE.

That right there makes a believer out of me. In what, I don't have the slightest idea.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It has been known for a while that the "Universe" is expanding.

It is also predicted that it will slow down (from gravity pulling them backwards) and reverse back to implode in a singularity again.

I haven't heard if they have ever pin pointed the place in the Universe where the Big Bang originated. Meaning how close was it to our galaxy?

Did the big bang actually happen in the galactic center? Can they trace each galaxy back to a common center starting point?
kjathena

Post by kjathena »

I must say this is the most outragous thread I have read in a very long time......I needed something to "take me away" and this def did