Smoke machine freezing the software?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958

Smoke machine freezing the software?

Post by Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958 »

Hey all...

Has anyone encountered the following issue?

I've been using a smoke machine--the singers love it. (It looks so cool and makes for great photographs.)

The trouble is, on half a dozen occasions, my software has frozen at precisely the same time the smoke is being released. My software almost NEVER freezes. So I'm wondering, have others encountered the same?

The other thing this seems to have done is foul up the song files that were playing. Now, Gin & Juice sounds like Hell! (I've had to delete it and buy a new copy.)

Yes, I know, if it is the smoke machine, I either need to get the smoker on another circuit or add on a battery backup to cancel and power shortfalls during element arousal. (LOL)

The main thing I want to know--has this happened to others?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Whenever I plug into the bar power..I don't want anything else plugged in like dart boards or games....or beer lights.

Now looking back at some computer issues I've had in the past...there have been other things plugged into the same circuit I'm using. :shock:

There has to be some type of electronic interference coming from these things that somehow effects the computer electronics.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've used fog and bubble machines on occasion and it has never had any affect on my computer. I do run these on a totally separate circuit.