Newbie TV Hook-up

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Pam

Newbie TV Hook-up

Post by Pam »

For Christmas I got a karaoke machine. It's a API DV-702

My tv is old, probably 10yrs.

Hours of trying to hook it up, I'm thinking give up. We've tried every imaginable configuration. We can manage to get audio, but no video. I'm thinking it's not gonna work with our old TV.

Any advice before it goes back? I can't afford a new TV.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

What type of connection does the tv have Coaxial (cable) or RCA. IF Coaxial you are going to need an RF Modulator (a box that turns an RCA signal into Coaxial signal).
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The RF Modulatoris probably the way to go. You can find these online or at your local Radio Shack or Wal-Mart.

You will use a single RCA cable to connect from the video out of the karaoke machine to the modulator and then a standard coaxial cable to connect from the modulator to the TV.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Shouldn't that be listed in the instructions.

I say you should be able to use the RCA right our of the machine into the TV and use the Menu option to find the video input being used. The TV needs to be on channel 3 or 4 in some areas.

If not then the RF Modulator.
Pam

Post by Pam »

I got the modulator at Radio Shack, it's working now, at least the words are showing on the screen. We never tried the TV menu option so it may have worked but $33 later it's going.

Thank you everyone. Now I need to shop for better DVD's. The ones we have only have words. I was hoping to find some with real video that I've seen at a friends house (Asian).
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Glad we were able to help.