unzippin files

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
wiseguy

unzippin files

Post by wiseguy »

I have an external drive with about 40,000 zipped karaoke songs and would like to unzip them all.I am told this will help with the occasional problem with a song lyric freezing or lagging behind the music.I can go back and reload that song after this happens and will not have a problem.If some one could tell me how to acheive this or recommend a program that will do it I would appreciate it.I am using karma and am curious if anyone else has had this happen

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm going to say 99% of us use zipped files. I don't think that is your problem.

Reload your hosting program.

Or you computer isn't big enough to run the songs and do searches at the same time.

More processor & memory maybe what you need.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Karma is a CPU intensive program so Processor & memory is also my suggestion or a less system taxing software. Make sure you are not running any unnecessary stuff like Antivirus etc. One does not need to be connected to the internet while running a show anyway.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there.
I use Karma as well.

Personally, I believe it to be the best Karaoke hoster program available, bar none.

However, I agree with the poster above, Re. Karma being power hungry and I had the same problem sometimes with things freezing up but I found it was nothing to do with Zipped files.

My solution was to go back to the version that DOES NOT require the .NET 3.5 update.

This immediately solved my issues with Karma and I since I NEVER have my laptop online, I don't get the "There is a newer version available" message when I run Karma.

Sandy
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Thanks for the input,I think I'll look into upgrading the memory and processor
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Yes Karma is a resource hog. The creators suggest using unzipped mp3+g files. From the Karma site: "Although a lot of downloads are in zip format for simplicity, we recommend unzipping all files before loading into your library or player for performance reasons."

Don't you think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to simply change to a more efficient hosting software like JustKaraoke than to upgrade your computer and unzip all those files?