Laptop with HDMI output.

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
jadejoky28

Laptop with HDMI output.

Post by jadejoky28 »

I have a new Dell studio laptop that has an HDMI port on it. I can hook up my laptop via HDMI to my HDTV and play karaoke songs on it using Siglos player or another software player I have. The graphics and music sound great on my HDTV and through my Pioneer receiver I have my TV running through. My problem is I have no way to run microphones through the laptop. I have an old portable Karaoke machine that has two mic jacks and echo and volume controls. The karaoke machine plays cdg discs but they are really a pain having to change discs all of the time. The machine hooks to the tv via rca cables (red, white, and yellow). How can I hook my mics up to come through the Pioneer receiver. Do I need a mixer or is it possible to hook the mics through audio ports on DVD player or on the stereo receiver? :?

Thanks for any input you may have.

Jay

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I would recommend using a small mixer with effects so you can add some reverb to your vocals. Something like the Alesis MultiMix or equivalent would do a good job.
jadejoky28

Post by jadejoky28 »

Thanks for the tip. I will check this out.

Jay
jadejoky28

Post by jadejoky28 »

Thanks for the tip. I will check this out.

Jay
songsungblue

Post by songsungblue »

Sorry for being such a dope but could you please specify your anticipated connections? I understood from the original post that both audio and video were leaving the laptop via HDMI...if you add a mixer for he mics, how does the mixer get connected to the home theater? Or, do you have to connect the audio from the laptop to the mixer (as well as the mics) and then connect that unit to the home theater directly?

Thanks for any clarification that you can offer...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Songsungblue,

It is not recommended to use any home stereo for live vocals. You'll blow your speakers. Get a small PA setup if this is for home.