New guy on the block//// need a whole lot of help please.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
directcurrent

New guy on the block//// need a whole lot of help please.

Post by directcurrent »

[size=18]Hello ladies and gentlmen :D or guys and gals. -- been looking over your forum and I am impressed
:) Thought quickly introduce myself a bit before I take off on my main reason for getting with you's folks, and believe you me I need a lot of help here which I hope you can give me. -- Ok I am a old 58 yr old devorce Fa**t, in Dothan, ALA. with 45 year of eng/Tech stuff from the days of punch cards/nasa/Milatary and a whole lot more.I am disabled now with a prosethetic leg, some shakeyness in the hands(so excuse me if I mis-spell and write funny)I am into guitar and paino, sketch art, and write a few SI-FI novels with screens plays. And I live with my folks now, so's to take of them, they both have Alzheimer's, and I need a break from them now and then. I like doing wood working and designing just about anything. I belong to the TechSupportForum.com for computers. [/size]
:)[color=darkred] Here is the reason I huoe you can help me ;
***Good evening gang, how is every one. Well I can see nobody is really on to yap with/so I just got to talk to myself a bit Ok.
-- I just join a karaoke forum, to get more involved in it. I'll been talking to a beautiful young woman, at AL Slammers and she incuragaging me to try it. Although I am not in the same ranking/out classed as the folk that sing up there. They sing songs I'd never even hear of and a lot of new stuff and know the singers and players of these song like a sports caster know sports. --- I have play guitar and sing before in front of people but nothing liike this. Being an old guy i can sing the old songs and some eagles songs but no matter what it is, it come out country.
-- Thought I would try to find out what I need to make a mini karaoke setup just to use and practise with using my computer and what equip I can muster, so I can look at the words to the songs like I would do if I where at AL Slammers. and it sounds like fun once I get use to it and some way to relax. [/color]

Folks I have a HP m800n media computer/26 in. screen DVD Drive and two TB1 HDD, and four or five sets of computer speakers and a wireless headset so not to disturb the folks. WIN OS is Vista. Now I live off disability so I do not have a great amt of money to spend.

What I need is a simple Karaoke computer program, that has eneff gurff to be-able to record/retreve/create/ convert the formatting needs of Karaoke. I want to be able to get some songs from some where where I can practise them. Maybe later get into the heavy stuff of removing voice ad so on. But I would like to record me doing the Karaike to so I can see how well I am doing. and maybe have a webcam connected to see my movement and reaction.

[color=darkblue]Do you folks think you can guide me to get the programs I need and maybe not the top of the line but of good quiality Equip.[/color]

God Bless and thank you. DC[/code]

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Hi DC, welcome.

I'm not much in the computer department. I pay smart people to help me with that stuff.

Someone here will be able to get you going in the right direction.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

:D Thank you for the kind welcome response Bigdog and Moonrider.

Some times I wonder if I know anything about computers, after being just a user of computers for a long while, I find myself lost in all the new stuff, but i enjoy learning so I will gang a bit of knowledge bit by bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: But if you need some help with computers, I welcomely lean my help to you or find someone that can.

Moonrider Itook a look see into the info, boy got a lot to learn which will be fun. I was particular interest in that user guide. Now do you know is that a Disc they send you or is that a download over the net thingy? I did not see any place that said download it now or what or enter the info (name/address/business/city/state/zip/etc). Is that also the software program to do Karaoke?? do you know anything about it???

Well guys I got to run stain a few pieces of wood, so you all be good and talk at you later DC
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If you're talking karaokeinfo, then you are taking a big risk in that it teaches you how to be a pirate. My suggestion is pay for your music and you should have no trouble. If this is for home use I can point you to a couple of legal download sites. www.chartbusterkaraoke.com has a homebased player that if you buy the full version will record you. It is based on Compuhost. Very easy to use compared to Compuhost and not as expensive as Compuhost. If you're looking to go professional with this then I would get Compuhost. I would also go to Chartbuster's site which is the link I gave you and purchase the media pro set. 6000 unduplicated songs on two 32 GB SD cards. A good alternative to the GEM series by Sound Choice.
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

DanG2006 wrote:If you're talking karaokeinfo, then you are taking a big risk in that it teaches you how to be a pirate.
. . . right on schedule. But Danny's right. Almost all of the free music you can download is pirated music, and illegal.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

[b]Arrrrrrrrrrr..... me maties, delay that quaring, or I'll send the both of you to Dave Jones locker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi guys Moonrider and DanG2006, We disagree like that all the time on the TechSupportForum too, lack of communication I call it. --- I agree that I was looking into some tutorial guidance to gain some knowledge of what lkind of software I need for my computer to get started with no robing the bank sorta speak. Legal beggal thingy. But I am one a disability shoe string bugget here, so I can not put out a lot of green for much of anything. So if I can get started just working it at home, that what I need so I can learn some songs and get out ther and try it for fun and relaxation, cause lord I am stress beyond belief here taking care of two parrents. --- I will taake alook at the info you provided DanG2006, as well as looking at the tutorial thing here, I a, am open door for knowledge.
Excuse me while I slip off for a minute and check me sugar, think it to low. [/b]
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

well, I am back, sugar Ok.
Moonrider ,I took a look see into the info, boy got a lot to learn which will be fun. I was particular interest in that user guide. Now do you know is that a Disc they send out to you or is that a download over the net thingy? I did not see any place that said download it now or what or enter the info (name/address/business/city/state/zip/etc). Is that also the software program to do Karaoke or to put in your sys and get started?? do you know anything about it ???
--- or ---- is this just download to get a set of intructional meterial to learn how??
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Another download site to consider is www.tricerasoft.com as they have both downloads of music and software. The only thing missing from their software though is the ability to record. Compuhost has the ability to record as does KMPPlus.
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

directcurrent wrote:I was looking into some tutorial guidance to gain some knowledge of what lkind of software I need for my computer to get started with no robing the bank sorta speak.
For home use on the cheap, I'd suggest karafun (freeware) on your laptop/desktop with some fairly decent pawn shop or yard sale computer speakers. Keep the music down and sing un-amplified to avoid needing a mic. That way you can practice without need to spend cash on hardware and software. You can always upgrade later as you save up money.

As for music, please don't get one of the $200 hard drives or download the "free" mpgs. I'm a singer/songwriter and doing that steals directly from me, and quite a few people I know that rely on royalties as part of their income. I do take it personally.

For cheap music, I hit yard sales, and scour craigslist for people selling CDGs. You can also find some good buys on ebay. Also, hit the bargain bin at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and look on the CD shelves at Goodwill, Salvation Army stores and used record shops.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

:) thanks guys, I will do that right after i eat me some home made soup.
--You don't have to worry about me in that dept. I was employee as a Eng/Tech and I know what it like to have someone rob you of your design, same in music. I do a little bit of singing but more guitar and paino playing. But stear away from using others peoples stuff unless I ask if it is Ok. I don't even like stuff like that on my sys. I also write tech stuff and a few SI-FI novels which I am finishing up soon. SO all in all you have no fear from me.

I just like to get a little sys together and go out and have fun with it, maybe on the way a few nice lady friends. Most ladies around here are extra extra heavy weights, no thanks. :lol: :lol: :lol: And I need to get this monkey off my back that the folks put on it. superstress. So the sooner I get something going the better.
Again thanks. I am always open for ideas. There is two nice places that have Karaoke here to try it out, alot of folk are darn good at it.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

DanG2006/Moonrider--- after reading a few of these web's. I do have a quick dummy thing to as: These CD+G Disc you get at Wally World (wal mart), do you reqire a special CD/DVD Drive for these things, if so what? -- And do you have to have a specific solfware to run them like the once we menchen?

There is a few I kind of liked but I wonder if needed special equipment and or solfware or if the quality was worth it?
hhb119fist

Post by hhb119fist »

you could also try singsnap, its pretty much all online, so you don't need a player, just internet access and a mic, you can record and play back, it has free and paid versions (paid just has a better song selection)
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I pretty much ruled out [u]Cloud programs[/u], I like to have me own software in my internet sys so I have control of what I do. But thanks all the same.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

hhb119fist wrote:you could also try singsnap, its pretty much all online, so you don't need a player, just internet access and a mic, you can record and play back, it has free and paid versions (paid just has a better song selection)
Yes, [url=fttp://www.singsnap.com]SingSnap[/url] would be another option worth looking into. There is more of a difference between the free version and a Gold membership that just a lot more songs to chose from.

With a Gold membership ($12.00 per month) you get:
No Advertisements
Additional Songs & Storage
Stereo Backing Tracks
Voice Effects
Split Screen Video
Key Changer
Playlists

You also can allow other members to comment on and rate your recordings. You can join contests in the forums. It's actually a large community of very friendly people. All you need to get started is a microphone and headphones. A webcam is optional but they are cheap and worth having.