justkaraoke doesn't play

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
JustSue

justkaraoke doesn't play

Post by JustSue »

I am new to this and the justkaraoke is on my PC. It will not play the songs. They are all there but when I click on them and then click play they simply do nothing. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I thought maybe my virus program is blocking something but I don't really even know how it all works! :oops: And I don't know what to do to fix it.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

What operating system do you use? Vista and 7 are known to hide folders from programs.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Are you saying that you have done these things?

1. Imported karaoke MP3+G or zipped MP3+G song files into the JustKaraoke library.

2. Added a song (or songs) to the playlist under a singer name.

3. Double clicked on a song title in the playlist which made the Play button active (no longer grayed out).

4. Clicked the Play button and the song didn't play.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

Exactly!
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

I have an ACER with XP. The library downloaded and when I added the song with a singer name and double clicked on the title, the play button becomes active but it didn't play.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

It shows the size of the file on there but even moving the little slider bar does nothing.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It sounds like there may be a problem with the song files. Are they zipped or are then still in pairs? Give me an example of the file size of one of the zips if that is what you are using.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

[quote="wiseguy"]It sounds like there may be a problem with the song files. Are they zipped or are then still in pairs? Give me an example of the file size of one of the zips if that is what you are using.[/quote]

The file size I was talking about is in the little "Player" - "Information" box. For instance it says : 00:00 / 03:49. It is just the length of the song.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

They are in pairs - the zip file is still there as well.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

Carbonite is still backing up my computer (I just got it Saturday and it is going thru its initial backup)...could that be affecting this?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There are processes that will interfere with JustKaraoke. It is possible that The initial backup is interfering with it. Might have to do with the files being accessed by more than one process.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I can't see how carbonite could be interfering with accessing the song files. They are simply copying files from your computer, not moving them around.

Are the song files on the internal hard drive or are they on an external drive?

And just wondering... but why are you keeping both the file pairs AND the zipped files?
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

The songs are on an external drive...the program on my hard drive.

The zips and pairs just ended up that way so I haven't deleted anything - it is a terabyte so has plenty of space.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This has to be something very simple to fix. If I were at your computer I would have this figured out in a few minutes.

For now I would suggest that you create a new directory (folder) on the external hard drive (name it something like KARAOKE ZIPS) and move just the zipped song files to this folder. Then go to JustKaraoke and and use the Edit button to Clear Database. Then import the songs from the newly created directory.
JustSue

Post by JustSue »

Okay - going to try that.