Dishonest Bartender & My Pay

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Dishonest Bartender & My Pay

Post by Bigdog »

When I start new jobs I offer price breaks for at least 4 weeks and that could go longer depending, to get the show rolling

I have noticed in the last month I'm taking a hit on American Idol Night and Dancing with the Stars nights.

I have a bartender that has loudly complained to her friends about not making enough money.

A few times the owner has been out of town. Now my trial period is over the price is now at the full money. Well it seems the bartender is claiming we didn't do real well when she runs outside to pay me less than full money. I think she is outside so there are no witnesses to the pay cut. Then she tells the bar owner she paid me full money and pockets my $25 pay cut.

I know this could be a touchy subject and saying anything to the bar owner could terminate the show.

This is the main reason I'll never play for the cash register tape. Too many shady bartenders.

So should I or shouldn't I? Thinking back it could have happened twice so far.

But I'm wondering if this was her MO for the last KJ. And if the nights are really light money wise and taking a real cut will help me keep the job...the bar owner thinks I'm taking full money and not willing to work with him.

Screw that bartender or screw myself????

Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Screw the bartender. I'd talk to the owner ASAP and voice your concerns. That way you know if the bartender is being straight with you or not. It always helps to have signed and dated receipts for cash monies paid.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Got to ask the obvious question!

Why is she paying you OUTSIDE in the first place?

You work IN the Bar and should be getting paid IN the Bar!

Also, did you agree to reduced pay if the Bar doesn't do well after your "discount" period ended?

If not, then the bartender is breaking your agreement with the manager, presumably without his/her knowledge.

I'd certainly be having a word with the manager.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I talked to the bar owner and he said he will tell her to pay me full money....

I expect to hear something from her or her boyfriend...

this is also why I never work from a register tape figure.

First of all I know how I would run my tape.. :idea: and you never know if she's ringing all the sales to pocket some money for herself. If they do that your figures look lower than they really are and you get screwed.

Straight fee and I don't care if you have 25 people or 500 hundred...same show regardless of attendance numbers...

Besides they never want to offer a bonus if you do really well...they only want to cut if the crowd is low.