Cost v Quality, yet again.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
mnementh

Cost v Quality, yet again.

Post by mnementh »

Yet another Karaoke bites the dust in the managerial quest for lower costs.

Other than my own Karaoke kit, I look after a couple who ran a disc based Karaoke system in my local on a Saturday night.

The Pub was taken over about 6 weeks ago and Karen & Derek (the KJ's) were asked to shift their night to Friday.

No problem there as their usual singers followed them to the Friday show.

However, within a couple of weeks the new manager had notices put up about a live band coming into the Pub on the Saturday in the KJ's old spot.

In general terms, also no problem but for the fact the new manager also took down the notices on the walls about the Friday Karaoke :roll:

I doubt if the inference is rocket science to anyone on this BBs.

As expected, Karen & Derek were given their marching orders, with the usual explanation of "not enough money coming in, etc", so packed up their gear and left.

I should point out that I have no idea how much they were getting paid but I assume it to be around the £75 - £80 pound mark ($100 - $105).

Anyway, I went down to the Pub last Friday night (2 weeks after Karen & Derek left) and found the place very quiet, about a dozen people in.

The Pub started emptying around 10 o'clock and I left at 11:45p.m., the last man in. The Pub closes at Midnight, by the way.

It seems the Pub has pretty much "killed" it's Friday night trade.

However, Ioverheard one of the Barmaids (sorry, I'm not in any way PC. I don't talk Bar"persons") saying there was to be Karaoke on the following Saturday night with a KJ I've never heard off.

So, I texted Karen to give her the info and got a reply to the effect "yep, I know her and she's rubbish. You pay peanuts, you get Monkeys!"

I'll go down next Sat. to have a look/listen and report further.

Sandy

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Typical "smart" owner/manager trying to fix something that wasn't broken. Now he's in a CYA (cover your A$$) mode to make it right again.

Why will they never learn? Look how smart I am and what me ruin the business in a few short weeks.

The dueling pianos manager I had didn't want kararaoke on 2 nights back to back. So he got rid of me. Well he's back to karaoke on Friday and Saturday again. He really fixed that probelm. which he caused in the first place.

They are all IDIOTS. And always will be. Until I get further proof to the opposite my feelings will remain the same.

In fact they should change the name from bar manager to bar idiot.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System