Music Audit Results, So Far

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Music Audit Results, So Far

Post by Bigdog »

This is an open question to Dan...

We are now how many months after your music audit.

What are the results so far in regards to bar owners and illegal KJs in your area? Are bar owners not using pirates now? Have your job offers improved?

Have the pirates disappeared?

Tell us some updated info please.

Thanks, Bigdog...

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

So it didn't help a thing..... :roll:
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

it has nothing to do with my not having gotten gigs over pirates. Until April, I have been dealing with thieves living with me that have set me back months, each time I made headway, the leaches would steal my computers and I would have to buy new ones to replace them. I have just gotten the next to last component to my system and will be approaching bars starting in September. I have had several offers but just when I got ready to say yes to the customer, boom a new theft takes place. Now that I live in a better environment, I am ready to move forward again.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For your information, I just got a gig starting next Friday night. So things are looking up.
spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Bigdog, I think it will be a slow process. All the big pirates were named in a sound choice lawsuit down here about 6 months ago and little has changed if at all. Heck, there were even about 10 venues named as well because they were using these "pirates" and they are still doing business as usual.

They are set to go to court in October of this year, (been following cases thru RCF express) so we'll see. A mediator has been appointed which tells me something is being done. Cases were re-assigned, moved closer, etc. Time will tell.......
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Update on the new gig. Three nights in and I'm karaoke only. Yes I still set up a dj playlist but if I have singers, I don't use it.