Marketing and the future of karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
admaero

Marketing and the future of karaoke

Post by admaero »

Hi, everyone. I'm new here, and I have tons of questions, some that may seem stupid. Wish I had more time to read the forums, but I also own a business that's driving me nuts.

Je peux envoyer ce message en français si on en voudrait, mais, c'est pas ma première langue.

First of all, I produce my own karaoke in CDG format, or I can make MP3+G, or those DVDs that they use in Europe with the menus. What are people going with now? What does the latest equipment play? All over the world?

Does anyone know where to get info on licensing karaoke formats other than CDG for distribution? I do really weird stuff, mostly from France, although I live in the US, I like to sing in French and German, and there are people on boards who have asked for some of the songs that I've produced. They just can't get them anywhere else.

I make my backing tracks in Pro Tools 8, which is awesome for mixing multiple tracks. I've had 24 on at once on an i7 and it didn't even blink. I'm looking for some more professional software than I have for synching the boards and burning, but I want to know where I'm going with this. Can I sell my work without spending $16,000 to produce a CDG, or should I go drive a truck, or do Linux or something? I already have Kurt Slep's opinion, which was a little pessimistic to say the least, but I won't be competing with him.

I would appreciate any advice on this subject.

-Dee