Karaoke noob need help with madboy mfp-1000

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Ramz

Karaoke noob need help with madboy mfp-1000

Post by Ramz »

Hello all, I'm new to karaoke, I've just got a madboy mfp-1000 and plugged it to the tv, all is good but can't seem to hear the mic vocals very loudly even with mic volume on full, is this normal through a tv, do I need a beefy ext amp and mixer? Thx in advance

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there Ramz,
welcome to the forum.

I presume you have your user manual to hand?

I had a look on the Madboy website and downloaded the manual.

Unfortunately, the manual gives very little information on the "type" of microphone to use, nor does it give microphone sensitivity requirements.

However, on page 13, you will find a menu option to set microphone volume level that might be adjustable, independant to the front panel knob setting.

You might be able to lift the apparent level using this in conjunction with your pront panel controls.

Failing that, you might need to find microphones with greater output level, possibly at the cost of ultimate quality.

However, as you're playing this unit through your TV, I doubt if this would be a concern.

Hope this helps.

Sandy.
P.S. do make sure to come back and let us know if the info you have obtained from the forum is of use.
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

Thanks Sandy i will try your suggestions tomorrow and let you know ;)
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

Seems to be me not knowing what I'm doing, i cranked up the sound on the tv and the vocals can be heard much better now, ty
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Ramz wrote:Seems to be me not knowing what I'm doing, i cranked up the sound on the tv and the vocals can be heard much better now, ty
Seems a bit strange, given your original post?

Assuming the background music level was OK and ONLY the mike vocals were too quiet, then turning up the TV would simply make EVERYTHING too loud and the mikes would still be quiet in comparison to the background?

Sandy.
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

I agree with your comment, although I'm assuming a tv isn't ever gonna be the best way to use one of these machines so guess i can't expect too greater results, least i know its usable now, cheers
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

Madboy called me today and apparently the menu system only works for DVD's and not cd+g and Mp+g media, o well auto play it is then, will just have to select track using numbers.