Does anybody have experience in national chain bars?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Does anybody have experience in national chain bars?

Post by DanG2006 »

One of my buddies does a show at Applebees and another suggested checking into TGIFridays for karaoke. Anyone have experience in this and how has it worked out for you?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Applebees does it near me...I guess it works...

I've worked in Unos Chicago Grill...

Although they are franchises they are still independantly owned..usually. They just pay royalties to use the name.....but customers can still call corporate to complain about your show and usually corporate will want to know what the problem is since their name is involved. That's why I edit my song book. They can't complain about the swearing...

Just like any other bar when you come down to it...you may get a 1099 from them....or they may pay by check...
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
djBe

Post by djBe »

Hard to break into but one in the gig can last for years thx to inertia, but conversely mgt. and thus the people u deal with can change often, the help can be anywhere from indifferent to openly hostile and/or derisive to karaoke, even so far as talking down about it to the customers.

environment can be difficult with regard to space, acoustics, timeslot, etc. all that said, any gig can work with the right combination of work and luck. and chains have FOOD which often brings happiness and a better clientel to a show, and in some areas, chains are the only game in town.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
How to Build a Home Karaoke System