Chartbuster new releases???

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Chartbuster new releases???

Post by Bigdog »

OK, I'm a little behind on my updates. :oops: My last one was August. Chartbuster August disc had 15 songs on it. September disc has 8 songs and I can only find September and October discs on every site I have searched.

So what happened to November & December?

Did I miss something? A new developement or did they stop making discs?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

They are really pushing their digital libraries right now. Supposedly there is new stuff coming out this month.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I can't find any new pop releases either.

KJs want new songs, not old stuff in a new format. >>>STALL TACTIC<<<

I switched from Pop Hits to Chartbusters because the discs they use give me glitches when I rip them down. And Chartbusters was a better deal because their discs offered more songs per disc. Now they have cut the number of songs back down to 8 per disc and they don't even have new discs available.

Now I need to find another disc company.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

OK I did find the pop discs for Sept & Oct. But it looks like they have combined the Urban & pop discs together so you have to buy a little of each. So it looks like I won't be wasting any money on those discs now either.

I'm almost completely not a customer of theirs anymore. A few more screw ups and I'll be totally gone.

They must not want to be in business anymore.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

you can get mp3+g discs of all the pop hits to avoid those glitches.
djBe

Post by djBe »

I buy the Chartbuster TOP 50 COUNTRY and TOP 50 POP semi-annually, giving me 200 new songs per year from Chartbuster, almost always good quality. I get 12 discs total per year for about 150 bucks and back up to SD card or flashdrive off my 4X speed rackmount player. I cant afford to buy three $20 monthly updates a month at the rates my local clubs pay and i will not buy illegal music. So that is my compromise for now. I am planning to buy a smartphone which can download legal music on the spot via Tricerasoft's KARAOKENOW android app for about $1.25 per song. But their library is far from complete. Anybody have any experience with that app or others like it and/or downloading to smartphone on the fly?
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There is a February release scheduled for the 21st. I just wait and download the updates onto my KJ Media Pro. Then when and if I get a request for the song I can unlock it with one of my credits. No more wasted songs on a disc that may contain 1 or 2 songs that get done and the other 6 or 15 being clunkers that never get sung.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:There is a February release scheduled for the 21st. I just wait and download the updates onto my KJ Media Pro. Then when and if I get a request for the song I can unlock it with one of my credits. No more wasted songs on a disc that may contain 1 or 2 songs that get done and the other 6 or 15 being clunkers that never get sung.
I contacted Chartbuster asking if they had any plans for releasing a stand-alone version of the KJ Media Pro that was hosting software independent but they never replied. It seems they may have made an exclusive deal with CompuHost which would be a big mistake in my opinion. They will be leaving out a large portion of the market that includes home users and KJs (like myself) who don't care for the overpriced CompuHost.