Karaoke player that plays cdg/mp3 files stored on usb stick

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
rmlbr

Karaoke player that plays cdg/mp3 files stored on usb stick

Post by rmlbr »

Hi everyone involved and associated with this karaoke hardware forum....My question/predicament is ......I am looking to purchase a karaoke player with mic inputs and usb inputs that would allow me to play my cdg-mp3 files. My predicament is that the majority of my karaoke library ( cdg-mp3 ) files are on my desktop hard drive. I would love to find a good player that would allow me to load these cdg-mp3 files onto usb and play them from the usb stick. I have heard about some players that will accept files from usb but you have to convert them. I would also like to be able to use song pitch controls for playing files that are played off of a usb stick or external hard drive.

Yes I am new to this forum but who better to ask than people associated with this site.......Thanks for anyone's input..... :wink:

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hello rmlbr and welcome to the forum. The cdg-mp3 files you refer to are known as MP3+G so this would be the format you will look to be supported by a karaoke machine. There are several karaoke players available that will play MP3+G files from a USB thumb drive and/or SD card.

The Acesonic DGX-212 is one of these players and will even rip songs from CD+G discs to the MP3+G format. Of course this player also has the standard features like microphone inputs and digital key control.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
rmlbr

Post by rmlbr »

Thankyou for the quick response Wiseguy......I'll investigate/research the Acesonic
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

MadBoy makes a player that will play off of usb sticks as well as mp3+G discs.