Chartbuster Closes.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mr.dj

Chartbuster Closes.

Post by mr.dj »

Chart busters seems to have closed. It seems this company is taking it over.
The Chartbuster catalog now resides at
DigitraxKaraoke.com

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I knew they were in trouble by their recent change in monthly discs..

Now having said that....

Were they making good business decisions in the way they were conducting business and songs being selected for release?

I quit buying all monthly discs just to have them. I will buy according to songs requests...

Was their lawsuit fiasco too much to sustain?

Is Sound Choice next?

New karaoke companies are still popping up.

Oohh the Humanity...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I think they made a big mistake attaching themselves to CompuHost and not making the KJ Media Pro universal.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:I think they made a big mistake attaching themselves to CompuHost and not making the KJ Media Pro universal.
I don't know what either one of those are??? :oops:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:
wiseguy wrote:I think they made a big mistake attaching themselves to CompuHost and not making the KJ Media Pro universal.
I don't know what either one of those are??? :oops:
CompuHost is a karaoke hosting application. KJ Media Pro is the loaded hard drive Chartbuster sold that allowed you to purchase (unlock) songs as you needed them. They made the hard drive to only work with CompuHost vastly limiting the market.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just when they should have been expanding to find a bigger buying group they keyholed their buyers...

And the fear of being sued for PIRACY...stopped many KJs from buying music....

If I can't legally protect my musical investment...why would I spend the money???

And I already told you I have wasted at least $25,000 just on duped song purchases...

I'm not made of money and I really don't like wasting it...

My hard drive is loaded with legally purchase music..to protect my investment..

I'VE BEEN BUYING DISCS FOR 20 YEARS... :shock: over $50,000 worth...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just got a new email from Express karaoke and they have announced that Chartbusters is closing shop.

They do have a link for custom discs on their site...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I was at Karaoke Warehouse, one site I look to for a listing of new releases, and noticed that they no longer sell Pop Hits Monthly. Could they be the next ones to throw in the towel?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

POP Hits became Chart Hits and then switched again to Pop Hits...maybe they have a new name again..

The end could be near... :dead:

The ironic part of all this is...

With no more karaoke music available piracy will really take off... the value/price of karaoke music will skyrocket...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I had a guy beg me to sell him a set of DK discs last week. Not the files ...the discs..
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Do you think piracy or the economy has played a bigger part in their closing? Or bad marketing or bad business decisions...or music selections.

Did they waste too much money on Rap Crap?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

karaoke dot com has May 2012 Pop Hits..& Country & Urban
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Those original DK 1-99 series discs in used condition are now selling for what they cost new which was over $30.00 each. I see them on ebay with an opening bid of $20.00 with some selling for as much as $40.00. So if you decide to sell them make sure you get your money's worth.

I would imagine that piracy has played a significant role in the downfall of the music manufacturers. But to completely stop releasing new music is suicide. I can't see the economy coming into play all that much because where the professional realm of karaoke has declined the home users have more than made up for.

I've seen the May Pop Hits discs on other sites but as far back as I can remember Karaoke Warehouse carried them. Seems odd that they would suddenly drop them all together.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have 2 complete 99 disc sets but can only make one almost good one because of wear issues..

Which is the main reason for having a hard drive backup...INVESTMENT PROTECTION...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:Those original DK 1-99 series discs in used condition are now selling for what they cost new which was over $30.00 each. I see them on ebay with an opening bid of $20.00 with some selling for as much as $40.00. So if you decide to sell them make sure you get your money's worth.

I would imagine that piracy has played a significant role in the downfall of the music manufacturers. But to completely stop releasing new music is suicide. I can't see the economy coming into play all that much because where the professional realm of karaoke has declined the home users have more than made up for.

I've seen the May Pop Hits discs on other sites but as far back as I can remember Karaoke Warehouse carried them. Seems odd that they would suddenly drop them all together.

Of those two groups pros and home users...which do you think will be the biggest piracy problem?

The home users have to out number the pros..