Connecting 2 monitors to a laptop set up?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
filthy mojito

Connecting 2 monitors to a laptop set up?

Post by filthy mojito »

Hey guys, my first post :)

I recently switched from player to laptop using KJamsPro, which I love. I am trying to connect a 2nd screen, actually the projector TV in the bar, to my MacbookPro. I have a 26" hdmi screen for the performers, but I want to hook up the BIG screen for the rest of the bar. Need a splitter of some kind. What do you peeps use?

Thanx

FM

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

First up, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I doubt many people on here use Macs, so info might be sparse.

Assuming you have a standard HDMI plug on the back of your Mac that you use to connect to the 26" screen, then There should be plenty of signal booster/splitter distribution modules on Ebay, etc.

I'll have a look when I get home from work, tonight.

Sandy.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum FM!

Sandy's right about there not being many Mac users here. That's basically because there's so little karaoke software for Mac computers. With my Windows laptop I use s-video out passed through an RF modulator to convert the signal to VHF. I then use coaxial to connect to about any TV or projector there is since they virtually all have a coaxial cable connection.
filthy mojito

Post by filthy mojito »

wiseguy wrote:Welcome to the forum FM!

Sandy's right about there not being many Mac users here. That's basically because there's so little karaoke software for Mac computers. With my Windows laptop I use s-video out passed through an RF modulator to convert the signal to VHF. I then use coaxial to connect to about any TV or projector there is since they virtually all have a coaxial cable connection.
Hi wiseguy

Yep, PCs def have more direct output options. Macs don't come with s.video out. You get mini display port or usb. There are plenty of adapters, but it gets more difficult if you want to use more than 1 external screens like I do. I tihnk I have found what I need on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5116wt_982

It will split my one output into 2.

AS for software, I had to wait for YEARS! But now there is KJams for Mac, that is loaded with options and is really nice and simple to use.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Glad you found a solution.

Please keep us updated on how your kit worked out for you.

Sandy.
filthy mojito

Post by filthy mojito »

Thanks Sandy, I let you know how it goes. Hopefully the thing will get here before next Saturdays show.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

How expensive is HDMI cable verses coax...I'm guessing that stuff ain't cheap....

I come out of the VGA on the computer to this and then to an RF modulator then RF amplifier then coax to TVs...

http://www.averusa.com/presentation/pro ... imicro.asp