30,000 karaoke songs for 5 dollars anyone?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
wiseguy
Site Admin

30,000 karaoke songs for 5 dollars anyone?

Post by wiseguy »

I was just browsing through some ads on fiverr.com and found a guy who says he will sell you 30,000 karaoke songs for 5 dollars. First I wonder what format these are in, secondly how they would be delivered, and then how could this possibly be accomplished for 5 dollars.

I sent him a message requesting further information. I'll update if he replies.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hmmm!

I wonder if he's a member of the Nigerian Royal Family? :redface:

There are only tthree ways I can think of that he might be able to do what he says and actually make money from it.

1) most obvious. It's a hoax and he pockets your money and runs before he's captured.

2) he sends you a link to server where he has the songs stored and you have to spend hours downloading them.

3) and most unlikely, he burns up to maybe 25 DVD's with zipped MP3+G files but this would only make pennies, so pretty unlikely.

It'll be interesting to see how this scam works?

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:Hmmm!

There are only three ways I can think of that he might be able to do what he says and actually make money from it.

1) most obvious. It's a hoax and he pockets your money and runs before he's captured.

2) he sends you a link to server where he has the songs stored and you have to spend hours downloading them.

3) and most unlikely, he burns up to maybe 25 DVD's with zipped MP3+G files but this would only make pennies, so pretty unlikely.

Sandy.
A hoax won't work because this is fiverr.com and they won't release the payment until you indicate that you received what you paid for.

He got back to me and said that he would give me access to his online database where I could download the songs. He didn't tell me what kind of song files they are.

At this point I'm guessing they are zipped mp3+g files from one of the loaded hard drives.

This is the type of thing that the manus should be cracking down on instead of harassing legitimate KJs.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
mnementh wrote:Hmmm!

There are only three ways I can think of that he might be able to do what he says and actually make money from it.

Sandy.
A hoax won't work because this is fiverr.com and they won't release the payment until you indicate that you received what you paid for.

He got back to me and said that he would give me access to his online database where I could download the songs. He didn't tell me what kind of song files they are.

At this point I'm guessing they are zipped mp3+g files from one of the loaded hard drives.

This is the type of thing that the manus should be cracking down on instead of harassing legitimate KJs.
Once you enter his site can he steal your info?

The disc companies only want to go after legit people in this country that have backed up their music to hard drives... :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Once you enter his site can he steal your info?

The disc companies only want to go after legit people in this country that have backed up their music to hard drives... :roll:
It is very rare that a website steals a visitor's personal info. They are almost always duped into giving it away.

I messaged the guy back asking again what type of files they were but he did not reply. If I was a karaoke disc manufacturer I would spend the five bucks just to see if he was giving away my music.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Well, he finally got back to me and the answer was "midi I think". :roll:

I suppose $5 is a fair price for 30,000 midi files. Why do I get the feeling that many of these are going to be non-English?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:Well, he finally got back to me and the answer was "midi I think". :roll:

I suppose $5 is a fair price for 30,000 midi files. Why do I get the feeling that many of these are going to be non-English?
He probably set up a recoder in an elevator... :lol:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:Well, he finally got back to me and the answer was "midi I think". :roll:

"midi, I think" would equate, I imagine to tracks without lyrics?

Therefore NOT, in fact, Karaoke songs!!!

Let's face it, if HE doesn't know what exactly he's selling, what's the point?

Mind you, for $5, it might be worth the look.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There are midi karaoke files with embedded lyrics and a .kar file extension. vanBasco is probably the best known player of these files.