in ear universal monitor.

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
grb716

in ear universal monitor.

Post by grb716 »

:roll: I am looking for a in ear type of monitor that will recieve the wireless mics that are used every where. It has to be some thing that I don't need a transmitter for and need tobe UHF with multiple frecuncys. This may be a pipe dream but belive this is out there. It needs to be a belt pack type unit. Another idea is a monitor with its own mic and ear piece. a retransmitter so to speak. Any ideas?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You are talking about a wireless microphone with it's own wireless monitor system...

The wireless monitors work off a transmitter that sends a signal to the ear peice receiver...Picture a wireless microphone set up...The transmitter has to be plugged into the output of a mixer. Now I don't know if that out put signal could come directly from the microphone receiver or not...

You have a transmitter (microphone) and a reciever...the moniter system is just as big.

My wireless microphone receiver...plugs into the mixer channel....there is only one output...but maybe by using a "Y" cord (splitter) you could send the signal to the monitor system input... and the mixer.

There may also be a separate channel output on the mixer that you could tap into.

Go to your local music store and talk to the mixer guy...see what he says...
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

The in ear monitor is easy peasy but for the belt receiver requirement.

Radio Hams all over the World use radio scanners to listen in to Police/Ambulance and many other bands for all sorts of reasons.

I have a handheld scanner that covers every band from long wave to UHF and I can receive any/all my radio mikes on it.

However, although handheld, it's still pretty big.

Your need for belt mounted will be the problem.

Try Googling for Amateur radio scanners, you never know what you might come up with.

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for Re. your "retransmitter"

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If there were some practical use for this application it shouldn't be that difficult to find information on it. I'm having a hard time imagining a practical use.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It would only aid the singer or scare the singer away from karaoke depending on how good they are. These systems are used all the time now by professional singers.

As for use in karaoke, it isn't practical at all. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to put something in my ear that has been in another person's ear.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If I'm getting this right OP is talking about two different monitors...One is like what everyone else is thinking but one is just to hear one specific microhone..without going through a mixer...like from the microphone receiever itself...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:If I'm getting this right OP is talking about two different monitors...One is like what everyone else is thinking but one is just to hear one specific microhone..without going through a mixer...like from the microphone receiever itself...
That's the way I understand it also and I don't know why anyone would want to do that.