SONGBOOKS ON YOUR PHONES

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
djBe

SONGBOOKS ON YOUR PHONES

Post by djBe »

I finally broke down and ordered a smartphone - a Nokia E5 blackberry-type from straighttallk.com for $40. It's supposedly an entreprenuer-oriented phone so it comes with business functions, notably a 5MP camera (huge for a phone) and Excel, which is what my books are on. I have already made my songbooks available to people via email, but have never had a phone where i can scroll through my songs away from my DJ station. Nor, have I ever before had the option of sending a patron my book to their phone via their email before. (I would have had to be home to do that at my desk) Anyone currently wowing their customers by waltzing up to the bar with all their song info at their fingertips? };=D

Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I've done this for ages on a pocket PDA.

The only problem I had with it was that it's an old PDA and takes a huge amount of time to load Excel and my songbook.

However, it's pretty handy if I'm in the pub on a non Karaoke night and someone wants to know if I've got a particular track.

Sandy.