What do you think of the VocoPro Club-8000?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
renriq

What do you think of the VocoPro Club-8000?

Post by renriq »

I have been looking into getting into the karaoke business for a while but I am not sure what type of equipment to invest in. The Vocopro Club-8000 keeps catching my eye. It seems to have everything you need to get you up and running. However, with the price of this system at about $3,400, I would like your opinion on whether it is a good investment or not. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Thank you in advance for any help.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Club-8000 is a decent system although it is not all that portable. It is better suited as a stationary club system. The base unit is bulky and heavy. My advice to anyone starting a new karaoke business is forget about any type of disc system and to focus on running their show from a laptop computer. You can store many thousands of karaoke songs on the hard drive and there is "hoster" software that makes looking up songs a snap. You also avoid the problems associated with CDG's such as storage, hauling, scratches, and breakage.

The perfect setup would be a laptop (that contains a large hard drive, a good graphics card, and karaoke hosting software), a good mixer/amp (preferably Peavey or Mackie), 15" speakers (SoundTech and JBL are my favorites), and good quality wireless mics (AKG or Shure). Many karaoke music manufacturers are selling downloadable karaoke songs. This is more cost effective as you do not have the shipping costs as with the discs and you have better control over the songs you select.

You should check out http://www.mtu.com just to see what a computer karaoke system is capable of.
renriq

Post by renriq »

Thank you for the quick response.