Best hard drive for karaoke player

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Domz_mtl

Best hard drive for karaoke player

Post by Domz_mtl »

Hi everyone, i have a rsq neo22 player. I have been looking on the internet for months trying to find the best hard drive to store my mp3g song and record also. i know the player should not go to sleep but that's about it. Does anyboby know which hard drive to get and how to stop the drive from going to sleep. I'm looking for 500 G

Thanks for the help

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there,
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is but here is how I'm reading it.

You're looking for an external hard drive to use into the USB port of your NEO22 player?

You do NOT want the drive to go to sleep???

O.K., I've looked at the user manual for the NEO22 and I can find NO REASON whatsoever that the player would switch an external drive into hibernation mode.

However, what I DID find is that the NEO22 does NOT support an external drive WITHOUT it's own supply.

Any drive you purchase will almost certainly be fine as long as it is powered by it's own supply.

In addition, the drive MUST be on first and removed from the player before the player is switched off.

The user manual is here;

http://www.karaokewh.com/manuals/RSQ-NEO-22.pdf

Sandy.
Domz_mtl

Post by Domz_mtl »

I already had an external hard drive wd 1 tb and when i connected it to my karaoke machine it wasnt working.. The usb drive seemed to be regonized for 1 sec and then not. So basically it keeps flickering. I just want to know what drives people have been using to make sure it would work. But with a usb key it works perfectly. I just both a 64 gig stick just in case. Thanks for the reply.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Some things to check.

Is the hard drive formatted as FAT32? The machine does not support the NTFS file system.

The instructions state "For the USB HDD, make sure to connect an auxiliary power cord to the USB HDD for proper operation and you must turn on the power of USB HDD before connecting to the player and must pull out the USB HDD from the player before turning the power of the player off."