Sunfly Karaoke Catalogue in HD!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
CT@Sunflykaraoke

Sunfly Karaoke Catalogue in HD!

Post by CT@Sunflykaraoke »

Sunfly Karaokes catalogue is converting to HD!
All Tracks are becoming available in High Defintion with many tracks available in .MOV format already.

Go to Sunfly Karaoke to view the new HD range and download your tracks in this format.

Sound Better With Sunfly! www.sunflykaraoke.com

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

HI there,
I had a look at the HD vids on the site above and I've got to ask;

"what's the point"? :roll:

As the only real difference is that the lyrics onscreen look smoother, I don't see the need.

Lyrics are lyrics, whether they are chunky(ish), as in CGA resolution or smooth as in HD. As long as they're clearly readable, that's all I'm bothered about.

Now if you are actually going to have full motion video, a la Pioneer laser dics, then I can see the point, although I found the moving video a distraction from the song.

It's not something that would have me charging out to buy these tracks, anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:HI there,
I had a look at the HD vids on the site above and I've got to ask;

"what's the point"? :roll:

As the only real difference is that the lyrics onscreen look smoother, I don't see the need.

Lyrics are lyrics, whether they are chunky(ish), as in CGA resolution or smooth as in HD. As long as they're clearly readable, that's all I'm bothered about.

Now if you are actually going to have full motion video, a la Pioneer laser dics, then I can see the point, although I found the moving video a distraction from the song.

It's not something that would have me charging out to buy these tracks, anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Sandy.
I was wondering the same thing. Why does 16 color graphics and simple text need to be in HD?
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I think it's more to do with the fact that they display on Ipads and andriod systems or conventional systems without the need for cdg software to the best of my knowledge.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mr.dj wrote:I think it's more to do with the fact that they display on Ipads and andriod systems or conventional systems without the need for cdg software to the best of my knowledge.
MP3+G files can be readily converted to AVI or MOV files, without the need to purchase new tracks, or is this simply another method to get more money out of the KJ's?

Sunfly, as far as I'm aware, have no issue with format shifting to MP3+G as long as the original discs can be shown, so is this to be the start of another Sound Choice type litigation scenario if we convert to mobile device use?

Sandy.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I don't see it as being aimed at the professional who already has a big collection of cd+g types. I have actually converted a few tracks to video format myself and superimposed the lyrics over a conventional video for a few personal tracks I do but would not contemplate converting my whole library as it would be quite time consuming, also use up a fair bit more hard drive space.
I believe it is intended for newcomers simply because it will play on existing equipment without any need for extra software, you can play them direct in windows media player or most tablets, I can even play them on my android phone.
Tricersoft offer some including the Sunfly versions in mp4 video format as a free download along with your purchased mp3+g download and I have tried them simply because they were free, these are not in HD but the files seem the same as the mp3+g, just a copy and still only about 4.5 MB each file,
The actuall ones on Sunfly site are HD and I believe smoother none blocky graphics files but do use more Hard drive space.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mr.dj wrote:I don't see it as being aimed at the professional who already has a big collection of cd+g types. I have actually converted a few tracks to video format myself and superimposed the lyrics over a conventional video for a few personal tracks I do but would not contemplate converting my whole library as it would be quite time consuming, also use up a fair bit more hard drive space.
I believe it is intended for newcomers simply because it will play on existing equipment without any need for extra software, you can play them direct in windows media player or most tablets, I can even play them on my android phone.
Tricersoft offer some including the Sunfly versions in mp4 video format as a free download along with your purchased mp3+g download and I have tried them simply because they were free, these are not in HD but the files seem the same as the mp3+g, just a copy and still only about 4.5 MB each file,
The actuall ones on Sunfly site are HD and I believe smoother none blocky graphics files but do use more Hard drive space.
I agree... these video versions are basically for the non-professional users for playing on handheld devices.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Sounds like they are trying to capture a new market of karaoke singer. Now you can have them on you phone or Ipad....How much fun is singing to the song without a microphone and a PA system?

Now I do remember having some fun singing alone with the radio at home and in the car. Who knows....???