How to estimate prices for Karaoke Bar

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Lindyhopper1234

How to estimate prices for Karaoke Bar

Post by Lindyhopper1234 »

I am in the process of writing a business plan for a karaoke bar that will include private rooms and at bar singing. My current floorplan has 16 rooms; 2 large 40ish occupancy, 6 medium 12ish occupancy, and 8 small 5ish occupany.

I don't need to know the exact equipment needed, but a ballpark figure for durable mics, speakers, systems, monitors, and cables would be great so I can work that into my start-up cost. Over-estimating is fine since the isn't the price is right and having money leftover isn't such a bad thing. I hope to buy the equipment used or at auction and only purchase new in a worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Used electronics = no warranty = bad idea.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Lindyhopper1234

Post by Lindyhopper1234 »

I would agree that buying something used to save ten percent would be a poor decision, but if we are talking a savings of 50%-75% would that make it a viable option? Especially for the non-wireless components speakers, cables, monitors...
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

As Wiseguy said, used is possibly not the best idea, especially if the words "used" and "auction" are combined.

If you can't hear it working, don't buy it! Simple as!

The only one I'd moderate that on is cabling.

Most cables can be buzzed out with a multimeter and if necessary, some repair work can be undertaken.

Monitors are another one where new isn't the worst option as most flatscreen TV's are ridiculously cheap these days and quite frankly, the warranty you'd lose buying 2nd hand is more valuable than the cost saving, even at 50%

Microphones are worth only what you're willing to pay, given the clientelle in the business you're helping set up.

If they're mainly going to be semi drunk party types then cheap and cheerful new will do just as well as the same price 2nd hand for "name" brand items.

Speakers, I'd certainly buy 2nd hand but ONLY if I could hear them in action at a decent level, where rattles and squeaks will show up.

At the end of the day, you pays your money, you takes your chance but as Wiseguy has said, used electronics is a dangerous game.

Sandy.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Not to open a giant can of worms....but...having 10 rooms would equal 10 different locations...requiring 10 completely different and separate sets of legal music... :shock:

That said I have bought many used peices of musical equipment which are still in use...One was a complete karaoke PA system with discs...back in the day. The couple got a divorce and had to sell the stuff. They had it in the music store where they bought it and where I bought all the rest of my stuff. The store owner called me first. :D knowing I was such a big KJ. With some upgrades to the system to make it identical to my other 2 it sounded just like the others side by side.

They usually have a nice selection of used stuff. Some places have rental units for sale too.
Sheila_04

Post by Sheila_04 »

Hi Folks. These days, I am working on a business plan for live music bar nyc with my partner. I felt like taking assistant from experts in design development experts.