Karaoke Room Rentals

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Karaoke Room Rentals

Post by Bigdog »

This popped up on this forum....

http://www.kbktv.com/kbktv/index.php?op ... 05&lang=en

Here is my question....

They advertise 4 rooms for karaoke singing....

Since it's not actually a bar....do you think they have more than one library of songs?

If you made this a "members only" thing like the after hours bars...where you actually charged a token membership fee to get in....could you get away with one music library..for multiple rooms...

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No according to the lawyer heading up SC's legal team. They just got a judgement on someone who was doing just that. I'll have to pull the link from the judgement.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I figured out how to get around it legally...

With one library....and multiple rooms... :wink:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No you still have to be one to one ratio between discs and songs on your hard drive. That mean 4 discs for the four rooms.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I can get around that.... with one legal library...with the required 1-1 ratio....with multiple rooms... :wink:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I can get around that.... with one legal library...with the required 1-1 ratio....with multiple rooms... :wink:
I could see how that would be technically legal as long as you had a way to prevent the same song from playing simultaneously in two rooms.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:I can get around that.... with one legal library...with the required 1-1 ratio....with multiple rooms... :wink:
I could see how that would be technically legal as long as you had a way to prevent the same song from playing simultaneously in two rooms.

That is the general idea.... I can absolutely guarantee the same song could not be played in more than one room at a time....ever...

Would that satisfy the requirements?

One library....multiple rooms.....never playing the same song in multiple rooms..(with no way possible to do it) Impossible to happen...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

That is exactly what the defendent I mentioned lost on. The Judge ruled that for every room that ws using the server.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:That is exactly what the defendent I mentioned lost on. The Judge ruled that for every room that ws using the server.
I hope they appealed that decision.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Although If this is accurate, and I have yet to catch James Harrington in a lie, Karaoke is dead in the water so it might not matter anyway.

here is the link to his statement:

http://karaokescene.com/forums/viewtopi ... 26&t=27887
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:Although If this is accurate, and I have yet to catch James Harrington in a lie, Karaoke is dead in the water so it might not matter anyway.

Wouldn't this only affect manufacturers in the U.S.?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No it would effect any manufacturer because the overseas manufacturers have to pay the US rates now to be sold in the USA. That is why Custom burn is blocking US IP's.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I just went to the Custom Burn site (IP blocking is futile) and they don't sell SC songs. TriceraSoft is located in Canada and they show no signs of blocking U.S. customers.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:Although If this is accurate, and I have yet to catch James Harrington in a lie, Karaoke is dead in the water so it might not matter anyway.

Now maybe I'm wrong but...what I read says they (the publishing companies) own every karaoke song ever made by any company? Even though said karaoke companies paid for the rights to use those karaoke songs to recreate their own musical version...

There is no doubt the publishing companies will always own the master rights to any music they represent. With the ability to lease out the rights for money to someone to recreate the said song/songs. The karaoke companies are not trying to claim ownership of the original song....just the arrangement they have put down. But it sounds like the publishers are claiming they own any rendition of their songs even though they leased the rights to use those songs.

I'm really confused now...so If this is the claim/law...then we will never see another karaoke song produced by anyone... :cry:

Well it seems like someone wants to kill karaoke...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well...this might explain why no American companies are selling Zoom discs...now

Europe gets to do karaoke and the US doesn't... NICE..