Inherited Karaoke laser discs and equip. Any value ?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
a_gunslinger

Inherited Karaoke laser discs and equip. Any value ?

Post by a_gunslinger »

I inherited a laser disk player (about 8 years old) and a box of about 75 laser discs. any real value to this or just find a local Karaoke fan to donate to?

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there,
welcome to the forum.

I didn't think they made laser disk systems as recently as 8 years ago but it'll be as valuable as anybody is willing to pay for it.

The major problem is that of keeping the system up to date in terms of newly released songs.

It's been years since I last saw one in actual operation and as far as I remember it was pretty slow in operation, although when it did start playing, the quality was tremendous.

You might get a decent amount for it on Ebay.

Sandy.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
a_gunslinger

Post by a_gunslinger »

Thanks for the reply. Im not expecting the player to be that vlauable. But these laser disks are in perfect condition.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Are they Pioneer lasers?

If so you will never hear a better musically produced karaoke song. They used real instruments...

Having bought 3 sets of those over the years...

the original set without guide vocals suggested retail was about $150 per disc...the second set they added the guide vocals to...and they went for (I paid) $75 each

Are they in the original jackets?

The first series sleeves were colorful...the second series was basically gray and white.

Some of the songs on the first series disappeared on the second series....which really made some people mad that wanted those songs....there are some (or at least there were some) songs only Pioneer had on karaoke...

On ebay the last discs I saw were about $20 each...

I threw away about 10 players a few years ago.. :oops:

Who knows if at some point they will have a real collector value like old records.