Connect iView Karaoke Player to Behringer 1202FX Mixer

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
marose1

Connect iView Karaoke Player to Behringer 1202FX Mixer

Post by marose1 »

Equipment: Shure SM58 Microphone, Behringer Xenyx 1202FX Mixer, iView 4000KR Karaoke Player, Yamaha HTR5740 AV Receiver.

I purchased the 1202FX Mixer because the microphone inputs on the Karaoke Player are weak and distorted when using the SM58 mic. I want to use the special effects (reverb) feature on the 1202FX Mixer for the microphone ONLY. How do I connect the components together -- do I connect the Karaoke Player to the CD inputs on the 1202FX, and then connect the MAIN OUT on the 1202FX to the CD input on the AV Receiver or do I connect the Karaoke Player using other than the 1202FX CD inputs?

With the equipment that I have, please tell me the best was to connect the components together.

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I'm not sure looking at the manual for that mixer if you can adjust the input gain for the incoming signal through the cd inputs.
If you purchase a couple of cables with RCA to 1/4"Jack plugs you may find that plugging the jacks into the stereo line in jacks 5/6 or 9/10 will give you a separate gain control for the in coming signal.

The output to your mixer can be either CD out although again this might be a fixed gain for recording purposes.
The CTRL room out is really for monitoring the sound so best to use the main out to CD in of your receiver or if it has it an Aux in.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
marose1

Post by marose1 »

mr.dj thanks for the reply.

1. If I understand you correctly, I would be connecting the SM58 mic to the MIC 1 Balanced XLR connector on the 1202FX Mixer.

2. Instead of connecting the iView Karaoke Player output to the 1202FX Mixer CD inputs, it may be better to connect the iView Karaoke Player to stereo line in jacks 5/6 or 9/10 on the 1202FX Mixer. (Is there a reason that I need to adjust the input gain of the incoming signal from the iView Karaoke Player?)

3. Connect the MAIN OUT on the 1202FX Mixer to CD in or Aux in on the AV Receiver.

Is this correct?
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

marose1 wrote:mr.dj thanks for the reply.

1. If I understand you correctly, I would be connecting the SM58 mic to the MIC 1 Balanced XLR connector on the 1202FX Mixer. ?
Yes
marose1 wrote: 2. Instead of connecting the iView Karaoke Player output to the 1202FX Mixer CD inputs, it may be better to connect the iView Karaoke Player to stereo line in jacks 5/6 or 9/10 on the 1202FX Mixer. (Is there a reason that I need to adjust the input gain of the incoming signal from the iView Karaoke Player?)?

The only reason is to balance the music volume to the microphone volume, you don't want one overpowering the other.
You may be able to control the volume in from your Karaoke player if connected to the CD RCA connectors but using the stereo line jack gives you control from the mixer. That's how I would use it but it's not essential.
marose1 wrote: 3. Connect the MAIN OUT on the 1202FX Mixer to CD in or Aux in on the AV Receiver.

Is this correct?
Yes.