More Music to Disappear

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

More Music to Disappear

Post by Bigdog »

Sunfly tracks to be removed from Zoom

http://zoomentertainments.createsend4.c ... 8F162BC46E

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Bigdog,
I'm intrigued by Zoom's comment on your link?

I went to their site and I'm damned if I could find any "Sunfly" tracks at all.

Do they re-badge them as "Zoom"?

I tried searching for tracks I know for fact are on Sunfly and any hits I got only indicated "Zoom".

That aside, if as they say, Sunfly accounts for less than 20% of their sales (note, not less than 15% nor 10%) then they must be coining it in as I'm pretty damn sure that in the present economy no-one and I mean absolutely no-one blithely throws away 15+% of their income.

Certainly doesn't seem that Pirates are doing their business any harm if they're making so much profit.

You've got to wonder what's actually going on there.

Being based in Scotland, I almost always choose Sunfly as my track of choice and use others only when the song I'm after isn't on Sunfly.

I doubt I'll miss using Zoom.

Sandy.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I didn't think they ever did sell Sunfly tracks. www.sunflykaraoke.com/ don't sell other brands.
They are the manufacturers, why would they sell competitors products unless they were partnered.

Different when you go to Tricerasoft or Selectatrack they sell lots of brands as their just a supplier.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well remember..Zoom is no longer available here because they didn't or won't pay the royalty money required to sell here...So I'm going to assume Sunfly...whomever they are aren't going to pay it either or haven't paid someone something for whatever they need to keep selling.. :roll:

It seems to me that the entire karaoke business thing could be slowly fading into history....kinda like disco...and 8 track tapes..served a purpose, they made their money and it ran its coarse.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Well remember..Zoom is no longer available here because they didn't or won't pay the royalty money required to sell here...So I'm going to assume Sunfly...whomever they are aren't going to pay it either or haven't paid someone something for whatever they need to keep selling.. :roll:

It seems to me that the entire karaoke business thing could be slowly fading into history....kinda like disco...and 8 track tapes..served a purpose, they made their money and it ran its coarse.
Sunfly is the single biggest seller of Karaoke tracks in the UK and has been for many years.

They are heading up towards 30 years in the business.

As for Karaoke fading away, I reckon it's a "swings & roundabouts" thing with local venues cycling through Karaoke, live bands, nothing for a while then going back to Karaoke.

Certainly at the moment, there are loads of Pubs around my area with Karaoke on every week.

Sandy.