Play Karaoke from USB Flash Drive instead of Disk

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
marose1

Play Karaoke from USB Flash Drive instead of Disk

Post by marose1 »

I have about 2000 karaoke songs in mpg or mp4 format. I created many of these songs using Powerkaraoke (Doblon) Karaoke Video Creator software. I want to purchase a karaoke player with usb input such that I can put all of my karaoke songs (in mpg or mp4 format) on a usb flash drive and play my karaoke songs from the flash drive while singing to the songs thru the microphone inputs, instead of being required to burn my songs to a disk and then play my karaoke songs from the disk. Are there any karaoke players that have this feature?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Play Karaoke from USB Flash Drive instead of Disk

Post by wiseguy »

marose1 wrote:I have about 2000 karaoke songs in mpg or mp4 format. I created many of these songs using Powerkaraoke (Doblon) Karaoke Video Creator software. I want to purchase a karaoke player with usb input such that I can put all of my karaoke songs (in mpg or mp4 format) on a usb flash drive and play my karaoke songs from the flash drive while singing to the songs thru the microphone inputs, instead of being required to burn my songs to a disk and then play my karaoke songs from the disk. Are there any karaoke players that have this feature?
Actually, many modern karaoke disc players are able to play video files from a USB device or SD card. I believe that most VocoPro machines do.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
djBe

Post by djBe »

The new Acesonic players have a front USB input. I have been slowly..very slowly...putting my newer CDGS onto flashdrive for this. the player itself rps your songs to flashdrive at 4x speed, so figure 15 to 20 intues per disc,
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
marose1

Post by marose1 »

It appears to me that the USB input on the Acesonic players allows music to be played from USB or recorded to USB, but the USB input does not serve the same function as the Optical Drive; that is, it does not allow playing karaoke video with lyrics from the USB Flash Memory Stick while at the same time allowing the microphone inputs to be functional so that a singer can sing to the music and the lyrics being displayed. The only karaoke players that I am aware of that provide a functional USB are CAVS players, but they have strict file format restrictions and, in my opinion, are not very user friendly.

I don't understand why Karaoke players are not being produced that either replace or supplement the Optical Drive karaoke video source with a USB karaoke video source and electronics in the player that permit the USB file format to be one or more of the popular file formats, for example, MP4, AVI, MPG, MKV or MP3+CDG (zipped and/or unzipped). I realize that laptop computer based karaoke systems possess this flexibility, but in my opinion, it would make sense to add this flexibility to karaoke players.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Why do you say that the machines do not offer this functionality when their specifications state that they do?

Vocopro DVX-890K
The DVX-890k is more than just a vocal player, it's the next generation in digital audio and video jukebox technology. DivX allows you to store hundreds of DivX karaoke files and DivX movie files on a single CD or DVD, USB Drive or SD card for immediate access to songs.

Vocopro DVX-668
The DVX-668K Multi-Format disc player from VocoPro is packed with features and compatible with the most popular media formats. Play CD+G discs for Karaoke performances, listen to your favorite CDs and MP3s, view a slideshow of your digital photographs or watch movies on DVD or in DivX format. The USB connection on the front panel allows you to play your digital files from a USB thumb-drive.

This is just a couple examples. Most Acesonic and VocoPro machines, as well as other brands, will do the same thing.
marose1

Post by marose1 »

Wiseguy, thanks for the info. I have written Vocopro for more detailed info, but it appears that the USB port on the Vocopro DVG-777 KIII supports mp3+g and avi file formats. The USB ports on the DVX-890K and DVX-668 appear to support only avi (divx?) format.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

MP3+G is by far the most popular karaoke file format offering many more song titles than any other. I can't understand why any karaoke machine in production today would not support MP3+G both from disc and other storage devices.

On that note the Acesonic DGX 213 claims to play MP3+G files from CD, SD card, and USB devices. It will also rip song tracks from CD+G discs to MP3+G files.