Roll Your Own Karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Roll Your Own Karaoke

Post by DanG2006 »

Stellar is doing away with cdg songs and providing only audio only songs. Along with those songs will be a cdg rendering software so that the purchasers can make their own lyric swiped MP3+G files. This program would work with non karaoke songs as well. Thoughts?

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

So is it cheaper for them to buy the rights to the songs if they don't use the lyrics?

And does that make us pirates for adding the lyrics?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Apart from anything else, just buy your first tune and then use their software for any other MP3 track you have to hand.

Doesn't make sense to me as lyrics are available everywhere for pretty much any track you could wish for.

To me, this is a simple trick to get people to buy MP3's and let's face it, they're a dawdle to get.

Sandy.
P.S. every song is a karaoke song, if you want it to be.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Well I got mine Friday and have created 5 songs with it successfully, the other three I tried either the lyrics were screwed up so bad that they were unusable or they ended up being duets and I haven't figured the program out as to how to create a duet song. Luckily the songs lyrics don't overlap so once I figure it out then I'll do a duet.
Right now the Beethoven program, I should say there is actually two programs involved, only works with Pop Hits Stuff.
The other program that actually creates the graphics file will work with any song, you just have to place the lyrics manually. Much harder to use than the original Karaoke Home Producer but if patient enough you can actually get a good result.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I still say this is illegal because you have not been granted the rights to use the lyrics because you haven't paid for that privilege.

Example....Elton John wrote the music and Bernie Taupin wrote the words. Does this require 2 permissions?

Did the music come with a copy of the lyrics? This could be an indication that the lyrics usage has been paid for. But it seems to me that a karaoke music producer wouldn't quit with only doing half the job.

Congratulations on buying your new car....here are the parts and building instructions.... see ya down the road..