New KJ, I have some questions

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: New KJ, I have some questions

Post by wiseguy »

What the VP debate ended up showing is that Pence is as big a liar as con man Don. Politifact rated him at telling the truth on just 31% of his statements. I have noticed very little backlash from Bill's comment. In the meantime Hillary's lead continues to grow and she now has a slight lead in Ohio, has taken the lead in North Carolina, and has increased her lead in Pennsylvania. The only thing that could bring her down now would be a disastrous second debate. I don't see even a remote chance of that happening.

The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

wiseguy wrote:What the VP debate ended up showing is that Pence is as big a liar as con man Don. Politifact rated him at telling the truth on just 31% of his statements. I have noticed very little backlash from Bill's comment. In the meantime Hillary's lead continues to grow and she now has a slight lead in Ohio, has taken the lead in North Carolina, and has increased her lead in Pennsylvania. The only thing that could bring her down now would be a disastrous second debate. I don't see even a remote chance of that happening.

8) Pence was put in an impossible situation, trying to defend statements he did not agree with, and does not believe in. On style he won the debate on substance and the truth he lost. The next day the new videos showed how he said Trump did not say something, and then the tape of Trump saying it came right after. This of course destroyed his image of a straight shooter. So many political figures have had to sell their soul to The Devil I mean The Donald, this election cycle. Even Trump if he wins will have to work with the Congress and the Supreme Court and will have to make deals. He will not be able to do everything he wants to do, he might not like it since he is used to doing as he pleases in his business. His inexperience will mean that Paul Ryan in the house and Mitch McConnell in the Senate will be pushing the various Republican agendas. At one time it was hoped that Hillary's victory would be large enough to get at least the Senate back for the Democrats. Now it is important just to keep the Presidency intact to avoid the Republicans from controlling all three branches of government with no checks or balances.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The final nail has been hammered into the con man Donald coffin. The leaked video of him dissing women is one he won't be able to lie out of. He is being slammed by everyone. Did you hears his "apology"? It was basically "sorry about that but Bill Clinton did stuff"... pathetic. As of today FiveThirtyEight has Hillary's chances of winning at 82% and this is before the fallout from this latest video. Will he even show up for the next debate? His plans on attacking Hillary's character certainly went down the drain. Do you still think this is going to be a close race?
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote:The final nail has been hammered into the con man Donald coffin. The leaked video of him dissing women is one he won't be able to lie out of. He is being slammed by everyone. Did you hears his "apology"? It was basically "sorry about that but Bill Clinton did stuff"... pathetic. As of today FiveThirtyEight has Hillary's chances of winning at 82% and this is before the fallout from this latest video. Will he even show up for the next debate? His plans on attacking Hillary's character certainly went down the drain. Do you still think this is going to be a close race?

8) It would seem that Trump has gone way over the line. Hugh Hewitt who was defending him up to today, has said he needs to step aside for the good of the Party. Hewitt also mentioned that there could be as many as 5 to 6 more of these negative news ops laying in ambush for Trump, to be released at the top of every new news cycle, between now and election day. Hugh also stated on the news this morning that each op could be more damaging than the one before, if that is possible. What you are seeing is a huge scramble of the rats trying to leave the sinking Trump Titanic. All the people who made their pack with The Devil, I mean The Donald, are now trying to take back their endorsements and save themselves. If this election is about judgement, what does their flip flopping say about their collective judgement? The Republican Party and their candidates down ballot are trapped like rats. If they disavow Trump at this late date they run the risk of losing his 40 or so percent support they need to win. Trump says he will fight it out, and that no matter what the party says he will not resign. If he doesn't there is no way for the party to remove him at this late date without, losing those whom still support him no matter what. Republicans could lose both the House and the Senate, along with everything else. Even VP Pense disavowed the statements caught on video and recorded. You don't see Kelly Anne Conway anywhere on the news defending him, or Chris Cristy. All you see is Boris Epshteyn still carrying water for team Trump, using the feeble defense that Hillary is much worse than Donald, I don't think too many undecided are buying that snake oil.
The Lone Ranger

8) Today is the day of the second debate, and the high stakes for Trump have gotten even higher. He must win tonight and he must win big no tie will work. Hillary has the high ground for once and Trump must try to pull her down to his level if that is possible. I don't think much policy will be discussed tonight, it will shift to personal attacks. The only thing that might bring the focus back to real issues, will be the Town Hall Debate format. Since individuals who are undecided at this late date will be asking the questions, and setting the agenda. It would seem that Hillary's game plan is to release the negative new ops and wait for Trump to respond and hang himself with his own words. At the debate if she can draw him out and get him to rant and rave while staying calm she will win the day. No matter what happens I hope reason will prevail and Hillary will win the election. The alternative would be too terrible to contemplate.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't know. Do you think in light of the latest developments that con man Don would even attempt to attack Hillary's character? On second thought... of course he would. In his perverted mind he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. Right now I think he is at the verge of a total breakdown. If Hillary pushes just the right buttons he will go off with incoherent rants. It's no longer a question of IF Hillary will win... it's a question of how badly con man Don will lose.
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote:I don't know. Do you think in light of the latest developments that con man Don would even attempt to attack Hillary's character? On second thought... of course he would. In his perverted mind he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. Right now I think he is at the verge of a total breakdown. If Hillary pushes just the right buttons he will go off with incoherent rants. It's no longer a question of IF Hillary will win... it's a question of how badly con man Don will lose.

8) The only light I'll be seeing tonight will be the giant funeral pyre that The Donald will be erecting on the Town Hall Debate stage. A true "Gotterdammerung" aka "Twilight Of The Gods", with Trump a modern day Siegfried dying and setting the whole Republican Party on fire, he has been placing the gasoline cans and oily rags for years, taking everyone with him, down ticket supporters and all, all that is needed tonight is the match. You notice that already most of his spokes holes have deserted him, only Rudy G. and Boris E. are still carrying the water to put out the blaze. Even Mike Pence is not defending him, hoping Donald will drop out. The question is does Trump really want the blaze put out? You are always saying what a con man Donald is, what if he scammed the whole Republican Party? What if he decided way back when, that he really was a Democrat and he didn't really want to run for office, but he wanted to make sure Hillary won? What if he decided he could scam everyone into thinking he wanted to win, get all the Republicans on board and then show them up for the fools they really are? The mother of all conspiracy theories, that all this time Donald is a mole working for the Democrats getting their tarnished candidate elected by setting up a even more tarnished candidate, that would burn down the whole party! "The Sting" on steroids showing up the whole party for what it is and demonstrating they have no core beliefs, only the desire to wield power that overtakes everything else.
The Lone Ranger

8) What really happened last night? The debate was much like a boxing match, there was a smaller bout before the main event, with charges of rape that were more than 20 years old. Then came the "Rumble In The Jungle" or was it really mud wrestling? Once again it was demonstrated that you can't get down and dirty with a pig or you will get soiled as well. Like a boxing match there was no knock out, not really even a knock down. On points it would seem Hillary won the fight. On the other hand Trump did manage to energize his base and made the GOP leaders that jumped ship look like they had run in the face of the enemy. Even his own VP Pence who for the most part was in a holding pattern to see how everything played out, has come back on board with the Trump campaign, and will be in New Jersey today, after ducking the Wisconsin party with Paul Ryan on Saturday. I don't think Trump gained one vote he didn't already have, but he did stop the talk of having him removed from the ticket and being replaced by Pence. Kelly Anne Conway is back in the saddle despite her unless comment last night. What is this unless, she said she was on till the end of the campaign, unless something came up with her family. I think it was one of those Freudian moments where the inner person spoke. You see there are still negative news ops that are out there, and something else could come out before election day. This could be true for Hillary as well as for Trump. There seems to be a lot of hacking going on who is doing it is anyone's guess? It could be the Russians trying to subvert our election, it could be the different sides trying to influence the undecided voters? There is still a great deal of time between now and election day and anything can and probably will happen.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It really pisses me off that they don't have real time fact checking at these debates. Con man Don simply regurgitated the same old lies again and again forcing Hillary to spend time defending them. Yes, he definitely played to his base because they are the only ones who fall for his lies. He even threw Pence under the bus. I know Hillary needs to take the high road but I was seriously just once wanting her to say that the con man was lying instead of that he was wrong. Any talk of removing him from the ticket is only talk. They know it's too late for that. His name is already printed on the ballots and early voting has already started in some places.

That wasn't the last damaging video we're going to see. There are several more dispicable videos to come... mark my words on that. These are being strategically released.
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote:It really pisses me off that they don't have real time fact checking at these debates. Con man Don simply regurgitated the same old lies again and again forcing Hillary to spend time defending them. Yes, he definitely played to his base because they are the only ones who fall for his lies. He even threw Pence under the bus. I know Hillary needs to take the high road but I was seriously just once wanting her to say that the con man was lying instead of that he was wrong. Any talk of removing him from the ticket is only talk. They know it's too late for that. His name is already printed on the ballots and early voting has already started in some places.

That wasn't the last damaging video we're going to see. There are several more dispicable videos to come... mark my words on that. These are being strategically released.

8) Why be pissed off wiseguy? Trump has alienated his own party against him, now if the defectors turn back to him again they lose whatever face they have left. In a way it might be worth it to see him get a little bounce, just to see how many come crawling back to get his base voters. The Republican Party is caught in a vise, it needs Trumps 40% to win so they can't really disavow him. It's a perfect catch 22. From what I have seen the fact checkers have disproved much of what Trump said, although you won't convince his hard core supporters no matter what. There is more damaging material out there on both sides, how much of it will be released before election day is anybody's guess. You can see Pence has fallen back in line and has decided to throw in his lot with Trump, that will ruin his chances in 2020, but that is the calculation he is making. People like Cruz who fought Trump most of the way and gave into political considerations must really feel stupid today since they were right all along about The Donald. In a way I hope as many Republicans go down with him as possible, and give the Democrats the majority and the opportunity to really change things in this country.
The Lone Ranger

8) The polls once again show Hillary Clinton with a double digit lead of anywhere from 11 to 14%, this puts the Senate and even the House in play. I dislike divided government and if the Democrats do manage to control all levels of government there will be no excuses if they don't in a two year period pass as many bills as possible to change the plight of the besieged working middle class. If they don't accomplish anything significant then the truth will be revealed that our Democracy has been bought and sold and given over to the elites. If this happens who knows what will happen next?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Lone Ranger wrote:8) The polls once again show Hillary Clinton with a double digit lead of anywhere from 11 to 14%, this puts the Senate and even the House in play. I dislike divided government and if the Democrats do manage to control all levels of government there will be no excuses if they don't in a two year period pass as many bills as possible to change the plight of the besieged working middle class. If they don't accomplish anything significant then the truth will be revealed that our Democracy has been bought and sold and given over to the elites. If this happens who knows what will happen next?
That's not quite true. Obama couldn't get anything done for the two years the Democrats held both houses because of all the filibustering from the GOP. An unprecedented number by far in fact. I see no reason to think anything would be different with Hillary as president although one thing that will make a big difference in the long run is having a liberal leaning SCOTUS.
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote: That's not quite true. Obama couldn't get anything done for the two years the Democrats held both houses because of all the filibustering from the GOP. An unprecedented number by far in fact. I see no reason to think anything would be different with Hillary as president although one thing that will make a big difference in the long run is having a liberal leaning SCOTUS.

8) This abuse of the filibuster was made possible by procedure changes pushed by the Republicans, you can bet if they obtained the majority in both houses, they would start work at once to eliminate filibuster abuse, so they could do as they please. The only reason they have waited is they wanted to make sure they had all the ducks lined up and controlled the other two branches of government as well. I don't see what keeps the Democrats from removing filibuster abuse once they are in the majority. I know that is what I would do. It is true the long term effect of nominating the next Supreme Court Justice will decide the course of one branch of government for years to come.
The Lone Ranger

8) Once again the race has narrowed the double digit lead of Hillary has shrunk to about 7%. The Donald is now unshackled, unchained and is going after the Washington elite. The elite he is going after, however, is his own party. A bitter twitter tirade launched against House Speaker Paul Ryan has dominated the last news cycle, and replaced the leaked video and debate as the topic of current discussion. Once again the ring master Donald is controlling the media. He is using the scorched earth policy to get even with the 26% of the Republican political hacks that aren't supporting him. It seems to me that he realizes he cannot win this election and that he is going to purify the Republican Party, by removing as many of the non believers as possible. Hoping that the next time around he will have only his supporters in the party. The problem with this approach is it will split the GOP for good and final. His party will be a regional one and will never really be competitive in a national presidential election again. Of course that matters little to him since he is not a life long Republican in the first place. The name of the party should be the Trump Party, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. With states like Georgia and Arizona now coming into play for the Democrats I don't see how Hillary can lose, barring a miracle. The only thing that could change things is maybe the "Bradly Effect" where the voters say they are voting for one candidate and change their mind once they get in the voting booth.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

According to Nate Silver the polls have not yet fully reflected the backlash from the con man Don video. Even so, he now has Hillary's chance of winning at 86%. It's now clear that the con man is going to lose badly and it's time to focus on down ticket contests. This is shaping up to be a very good election year for Democrats. Thank you con man Don.