Call me a woman (new system)

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Call me a woman (new system)

Post by DanG2006 »

After hemming and hawing for what seemed to me to be ages but was a couple of weeks, I decided to go with the Yamaha MG12XU mixer, Yamaha DXR10 speakers, Gator Frameworks ID speaker stands, mixer bag and Equalizer.
I am also going back to Windows and Siglos.

DanG2006

Re: Call me a woman (new system)

Post by DanG2006 »

I have done it again. Yamaha MG12XU mixer, EV ELX200 10P speakers and Behringer Equalizer with feedback detection system and crossovers if I want to use subs. I also have already reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my laptop and will be using Siglos Karaoke Professional for my player.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

The suspense is killing me!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay, I just ordered a Behringer QX1222USB mixer, EV ZXA1 speakers, Ultimate Support T100B air assist speaker stands, MEE Bluetooth transmitter, Alto Bluetooth receivers, JBL speakers bag and EV ZXA1 Speaker Covers. All in all a pretty good system, not quite what I really wanted but good nonetheless. I have a little bit of work to do on my library since a lot of the songs that we're on the old setup need to be reimported. Mostly from the GEM Series, thank goodness I still have the discs (not that I wouldn't. But it is going to take some time to reimport them onto the hard drive that will contain the songs.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I got my new system on Wednesday and immediately set it up to test it. It sounded great. I am going to wait until I get a cable before using the Bluetooth transmitter and receivers because I don't like where I have to plug the transmitter into.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It looks like I may just get the time to get my library straightened out. For some reason after converting my songs back from kma files I lost a bunch of songs. And converting to Linux didn't help either. I am back using Windows 10 and Siglos Karaoke Professional for my software.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Why would you not convert the files and export them to a separate folder while keeping the originals?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I tried at first, using Power CDG Burner to convert the files but it kept crashing after a certain amount of files. So I bought Songverter but I had already lost files before then.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Why do you need to convert the files back from KMA files? If you converted the MP3+Gs from one folder and saved the converted KMA file in another folder the MP3+G files would remain untouched.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I don't know why you converted them to kma in the first place. Hoster would have imported them ok as mp3+g or zip format or most other formats.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Yeah but I still don't understand how using the kmh format saves any space and if I was just going back to Siglos, I wouldn't have had to convert them back at all since Siglos will play KMA files. But to use OpenKJ, I had to go back to MP3+G. I wanted to have the files as one file and I didn't want to have an extra file or a fake single file that a zip file which really doesn't save any space anyway. I keep my files unzipped. I download my purchased downloads to a folder outside of my main Karaoke folder and use the play from file feature of Siglos at the show that I download it at and wait until I get home to do the work needed to prepare to put it in the main folder.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Surprised you don't have all your music on a backup drive.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There really is no need to ever run into this type of problem. I have all my music backed up in the zipped MP3+G format to archive grade DVDs and three separate hard drives.If I would ever need to convert to another format I would never replace the originals.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Picked up a couple of new externals. Still loading in my library. The system sounds great. I plan on adding a sub to the system.
I lost my main backup when my desktop computer went down, I believe that it was because the motherboard went, it was doing the same thing as my all in one was doing before it finally crapped out.