Songs not indexing correctly

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
jawbones

Songs not indexing correctly

Post by jawbones »

Hi all, I hope you can help with a problem that is driving me loopy :)

I got a bunch of songs from my brother. I have a hundred or so. Everything looks fine. each song on an SD Card has an mp3 track and a cdg track. Named like this..

10CC - Donna.cdg
10CC - Donna.mp3

When I place my disk in the Karaoke machine It reads the disk and shows two files like this

10CC - Donna.mp3
._10CC - Donna.mp3

All the files are numbered even the ._ ones so it messes the indexing up and if you try to play one of the ._ files it just skips to the next track.

I have experimented and it's only with this particular music. The hardware is OK. Using the same computer and card I can add other music (not from my brother) that is indexed by the karaoke machine correctly. If I play my brothers tracks on my computer via vlc video player words and music play as normal.

Anyone any idea what is wrong and why my Karaoke Machine is indexing two tracks not one and how I can fix it. Thanks

mr.dj

Re: Songs not indexing correctly

Post by mr.dj »

The ._ files are hidden files created by a Mac operating system, I think they contain meta data.
What computer operating system do you have, Windows or Mac ?
If you have Windows explorer see if they show when set to show hidden files, if so delete them.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
jawbones

Post by jawbones »

Ahh I have a Mac. Thanks I'll investigate further
jawbones

Post by jawbones »

Thanks, I downloaded a utility to get rid of those pesky system files and its indexing correctly now. Appreciate it. Cheers