Going totally digital sort of

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
DanG2006

Going totally digital sort of

Post by DanG2006 »

I just added a new wireless mic system to my system on top if a Behringer XR12 digital mixer. My next purchase is going to be the two mic version of the mic system that I just got. Clean and clear, totally comparable to the Sennheiser mics that I have now but digital. The only non digital connection is from my laptop into the mixer because I have to use an outside External sound card that connects to the mixer via analog cables. In the process of turning my songs all HD as well. All if my buy on the fly songs are going to be in MP4 format.

mr.dj

Re: Going totally digital sort of

Post by mr.dj »

What is the mic system you just got ?
How are you turning all your songs to HD ?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Power Cdg to Mp4 converter
Behringer Ultralink Ulm300Mic.
I plan on getting the ulm302mic
To replace my Sennheiser dual mic system.
I used to have the ULM202USB mics when I had an analog mixer that had a USB mic input.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The program is great for attaching your logo to the files if you want to identify them should they ever get stolen. I was going to do this originally but decided that it wouldn't be worth it due to my wanting to purchase my downloads already in MP4 .
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I see an improvement in battery life quoted in those mics over the previous model.
Seems a monumental task though to convert all your existing library. I'll have to trial Power cdg to mp4 for myself, it's not a bad price.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It blows away the cdg stamper software, which doesn't work well on Zoom. The mp3 to MP4 converter is good and it can make your backgrounds uniformed as well as it replaces the background with whatever picture or video that you want. Yeah you can put the original artist video behind the lyrics. Got one song that's being produced right now that I would love to put the official video behind it, although it would mean that I have to download it as a mp3+g before converting it.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Yea, it works quite well, not too many steps to set up.
I already have the Power Video Creator software which I use to place the lyrics over original videos. The cdg to mp4 converter is simpler and quicker to use just a bit less customisable.
I purchased a copy for myself still playing around with it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I get the ulm302mic system on Tuesday.
Rack ears on xr12 waste of time. Had to re-install my power conditioner to hold the xr12 secure in the rack. Will be moving my mic receivers to allow me to mount three different wireless receivers into the rack because the next wireless mic receiver that I am going to add is a headset unit.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Will you be controlling the XR12 mixer with the same computer your hosting software is on or via a tablet ?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

A tablet. The idea is while I am in the audience, I hear what they are hearing and can make adjustments without having to go back to the system.
I have already one show with it under my belt.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Hope it works out ok for you.
I did think of using the QSC Touchmix at one time but decided I like actual knobs and sliders without menus to get to things myself.
Keep us updated as if you find it beneficial.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The thing is, unless you can control the mixer via a tablet, you really can't call the mixer fully a digital mixer. I had a Bose Tonematch mixer that called itself a digital mixer but you couldn't walk away from your system and still be able to adjust it. Same with the Zoom Livetrack L-12 Digital mixer. Although it is a a better first step towards a digital mixer than the Tonematch because it's laid out like a an analog mixer. I personally think that maybe if you're wanting to go digital but not quite ready for losing the ability to see everything without menus the Zoom Livetrack L-12 Digital mixer is probably the best way to start out doing digital.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:57 pm It blows away the cdg stamper software, which doesn't work well on Zoom. The mp3 to MP4 converter is good and it can make your backgrounds uniformed as well as it replaces the background with whatever picture or video that you want. Yeah you can put the original artist video behind the lyrics. Got one song that's being produced right now that I would love to put the official video behind it, although it would mean that I have to download it as a mp3+g before converting it.
What compression setting are you using with Power CD+G to MP4 Converter? Is the file size of the MP4 files more than double the size of their MP3+G?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Size doesn't matter these days with the size of hard drives.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 pm Size doesn't matter these days with the size of hard drives.
That's what she said :D . That was actually two separate questions. What setting are you selecting under Compression settings?