Found a better answer for you tube karaoke fans

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
DanG2006

Found a better answer for you tube karaoke fans

Post by DanG2006 »

My answer is that I will only play what my Karaoke player will play and allow me to add to the rotation. I now have a software that won't play any video files, just mp3+G zipped. My DJ player won't play any video formats either. I absolutely won't drag a stupid web browser to the singer's monitor for playing a song off You Tube. I am tired of just saying that the real reason for refusing to play any you tube karaoke is that it's not legal. The program that I am using is the standalone version of the AutoKDJ plugin for winamp.

mr.dj

Re: Found a better answer for you tube karaoke fans

Post by mr.dj »

Seems a backward step to me, what about all those songs you converted to video format before because you think it a superior fotmat?
Now your have to tell them you have an inferior software that won't play video rather than just say my policy is to not show YouTube content.???
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

My external DVD drive gave out so that player is out if the question. Now I can only purchase downloads for new music. So I am back to saying that I don't give a hoot how remote the chance of being sued, I refuse to put any of my venues in a position of being sued. They get sued and You will have to find another place to drink and sing. You wouldn't want that would you?
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

It wasn't long ago on this forum you said you were converting all you CD+G files to mp4 format with Power CD+G to mp4 converter. Now your saying your software can only play zip files.

Do you ever settle on any one software or piece of equipment for that matter ? It seems like your always changing things or are you just a wind up merchant always trying to draw attention to yourself for the sake of augment ?.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am always looking for a better mousetrap. Sometimes it works out perfectly, sometimes I am just spinning wheels. I was just spinning wheels with trying to beat the You Tube crew. I am still not playing any you tube karaoke. Unprofessional and illegal to boot. Because Compuhost won't play any video format that Karaoke Version puts out, Karaoke Version has joined two other sites for mp3 format purchases.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When I find the "mousetrap" that works I stay with it. I've used the same sound system and software for years. I won't play YouTube videos or other people's discs and I don't make excuses for it. I even have a "don't even ask me" sign I display.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

How bout the only songs outside songs from my library that I will play is songs that I buy and download at the show. Key word: BUY.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have finally picked my player and set it up so I can't use any other player unless I reload Windows on my show computer and that ain't happening.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Famous last words, till next week then !!! 🙄😡
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ubuntu Studio (Linux)
OpenKJ
Just looking for a DJ program that plays both audio and video and puts the video on the second screen.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Almost any of the Windows professional dj kj programs will do that.
Your first post you stated "the program you had now would not play videos, I am tired of just saying that the real reason for refusing to play any you tube karaoke is that it's not legal. The program that I am using is the standalone version of the AutoKDJ plugin for winamp". Then you went on something about compuhost not playing party time video. Now we're back to Openkj because it plays video's on an extended monitor. ???
I don't think you really know what you want ?
Earlier in the year you went over to Ubuntu then it was back to Windows again. The mind boggles 😕🤔
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I know what I want now. And it was Karaoke Version's videos that was the problem. Compuhost will play all the other mp4 downloads.
I have chosen OpenKJ because it is the easiest, most versatile karaoke software that allows me to run just the one karaoke software. The only other item that I have to have open is a file manager so I can drag the new songs over to OpenKJ. It also has the best DJ break music setup which allows me to only have to run one audio visual program.