One more piece of equipment

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

One more piece of equipment

Post by DanG2006 »

I have given up on the digital mixer. Not because I don't know how to use it. I figured that out. I have watched in the last few months, a company having nightmares of keeping their mixers connected to their tablets.
I didn't get a digital mixer to use another laptop to control it connected via Ethernet cable. After all I can achieve what I want with wireless audio and video, allowing me to set up my mixer in a spot where I can hear what the audience is hearing, venue permitting.
So I have gone back to an analog mixer. Was going to use a mixer that I was familiar with due to it being the very first nonkaraoke mixer that I ever owned. But thinking the Package that the mixer was in had been stolen from the lobby of the apartment building that I live in, I went out and bought a different mixer. Once I installed everything into my slant top rack, I tested it out, primarily for figuring out the best effects to set on it and decided that when the original mixer finally arrived that I liked the effects setting on the new mixer better than any of the 100 effect settings on the other. Plus it means that the chain between mixer and speakers when using my wireless speaker system are the same manufacturer.

DanG2006

Re: One more piece of equipment

Post by DanG2006 »

Well 2 things sent me back to the original choice.
1 the area where the inputs and outputs was raised so high that I couldn't close the lid over it while I had the laptop shelf attached and
2 once I replaced the mixer with my old analog mixer and effects unit and could close the lid, it turned out to be too tall to fit in the trunk of my new car.
The rack that I was using with the digital mixer fit perfectly so I rebought the older mixer, a Behringer RX1202FX mixer. Turns out that I hadn't tested out every fx on it and found that the delay plus reverb setting was really the one that I wanted in the first place.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ok the mixer that I received was defective. Trying to figure out whether or not to just exchange it for another of the same mixer or go with a totally different one.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Turns out that the mixer is fine, it was the laptop that was messed up.
Getting a Leveno laptop with AMD processor and video card. Should actually work with Compuhost.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ok. Had some headaches with the new laptop but I think that I got that ironed out. In October I plan on replacing my Behringer RX1202FX with an Alesis mixer which is close to the RX1202FX with the exception of not having effects built in. But I have an external effects processor that includes compression.