Is it being selfish or am I just following up my own rules

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Is it being selfish or am I just following up my own rules

Post by DanG2006 »

I have a rule that allows a person who requests a song at my show that I don't have in my library already first refusals on singing the song. Normally it would not have even be added to the database yet. I just bought a song that I want to try that just was released on Karaoke Version. I not only have time before my next show to add it to my database but also my online songlist. Am I being fair just adding it to the database but not the online songlist before my next show and waiting until after the show to add it to my online songlist?

mr.dj

Re: Is it being selfish or am I just following up my own rules

Post by mr.dj »

If like me you sing the first song of the evening mainly to check that all is workiing right then sing that new one, then even if you list it online you would still get first shot at it. Chances are even if you listed song it would not get sung as most singers start of with their same favourite anyway.
Plus you singing it would show that you have the song.
I personnally don't mind if someone wants to sing a song that has already been sung so long as there is a fair time before it is repeated, say at least an hour after.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System