Does the perfect software exist

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Does the perfect software exist

Post by DanG2006 »

I can't seem to find the perfect software for me.
I am looking for a software that offers the filler player of OpenKJ.
The end of show of Siglos.
The phone app with a lot of the features of Compuhost
The ability to create a kiosk on a webrowser while being able to use the phone app for the same purpose. Best kiosk and phone app for my purpose is Songbookdb.
But the only software's that allow songbookdb to directly interface with are Hoster and PCDJ Karaoki. Problem with that, I need Winamp to handle the DJ break chores for Hoster and Karaoki requires a show computer more powerful than what I possess.

Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Does the perfect software exist

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Siglos does all that
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Siglos filler player falls woefully short of what I want. And you absolutely have to use Windows onscreen keyboard if using a touchscreen monitor on the kiosk because their onscreen monitor is nowhere to be found when trying to enter the name of the person who is requesting the song. I know I have tried.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I think the answer is in your question. Get a better computer !!
I have come to the conclusion you will never be happy with what ever software or equipment you have.
It's the old saying the other mans grass is always greener. You just have to settle on something and fully learn to use and understand it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The more bells and whistles the more likelihood of problems. I keep things simple. I use JustKaraoke and it does everything I need to run a karaoke show. It plays filler music, keeps record of venues and singers, and never crashes.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Filler player sucks shit on JustKaraoke. Requires running separate player for how I use regular music. I do more of an all request DJ breaks between rotations rather than playing snippets between singers, usually don't have the time to even get the snippets playing due to how quickly my singers are up ready to sing. Usually have to press play again as soon as the previous karaoke song ends. Basically could set Auto play with a second timer between songs. So no the filler player on JustKaraoke doesn't cut it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When I DJ I use a very stable program designed specifically for DJing. When I perform karaoke I use a very stable program designed specifically for hosting karaoke. It's very quick and simple to switch between the two. I turn filler music on only when I have singers that are slow to come get the mic (usually later in the evening when some of them are drunk) and it's always set to a low volume.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The closest good filler player other than OpenKJ is in Compuhost. Found a work around for the song that I lose when I shut off the auto play feature in the filler player by setting it up to drop already in the players songs at the bottom of the playlist. All I have to do is go down and move the song back to the top of the list. Still not perfect. I want the time indicator to be a count down timer that tells me exactly how much time is left in a song from the audience if I am out in the audience. I prefer to walk around the room to a) insure that I have the sound right, b) encouraging singers to put songs in etc..