Just Karaoke Activation

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
capeharj

Just Karaoke Activation

Post by capeharj »

I have been using Just Karaoke for several years, however, my laptop croaked and I had to load the software on a new computer. I can't find my activation code and Tricerasoft is out of business. Does anyone have any idea how to reactivate the software?

DanG2006

Re: Just Karaoke Activation

Post by DanG2006 »

Did you keep your email from them. The activation code is in there.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

TriceraSoft just disappeared and left all their past customers and business partners hanging. If they ever get back into business I will crusade against them. I'm afraid that the only way you will acquire a registration code is for someone to share theirs with you.

Take this as a lesson that you should always backup your installation files and registration info to a CD.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 pm TriceraSoft just disappeared and left all their past customers and business partners hanging. If they ever get back into business I will crusade against them. I'm afraid that the only way you will acquire a registration code is for someone to share theirs with you.

Take this as a lesson that you should always backup your installation files and registration info to a CD.
Or to a flash drive.
capeharj

Post by capeharj »

Coulda, shoulda is all fine, but, I was hoping someone had the activation code. I saved it in my email archive but it was on the same computer. We are all in the same boat with this company.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

capeharj wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:36 pm Coulda, shoulda is all fine, but, I was hoping someone had the activation code. I saved it in my email archive but it was on the same computer. We are all in the same boat with this company.
A lot of people have the activation code, but they're not going to give it away. Especially since it requires their actual name along with the code for it to work. We're not all in the same boat as myself, and Dan as well I believe, have the JustKaraoke setup program and registration code backed up to a CD or USB flash drive.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

A lot of email accounts the emails are stored on a server so even if your hard drive fails the emails are still recoverable. I know that to be true with gmail as that is what l use.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mr.dj wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 am A lot of email accounts the emails are stored on a server so even if your hard drive fails the emails are still recoverable. I know that to be true with gmail as that is what l use.
Same with Yahoo.
capeharj

Post by capeharj »

I found an older computer that I had loaded with Just karaoke 2.0 and activated. Is there a way to find the activation code in the software?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

capeharj wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:34 pm I found an older computer that I had loaded with Just karaoke 2.0 and activated. Is there a way to find the activation code in the software?
On the C: drive of the computer you should find a folder named JSTFiles. Inside that folder there should be a file named jst2prefs.cfg. Open that file with Notepad and you will find the unlock code and registration name.