Need help with setup these devices together for karaoke home system

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
karaokefannewbie

Need help with setup these devices together for karaoke home system

Post by karaokefannewbie »

LG TV
Insigna digital converter
Chromecast
Karaoke player with HDMI output
MGP16X mixer
Lexicon MX200
dbx professional iEQ-31 equalizer/limiter with Type V NR and AFS
882i sonic maximizer
2 Shure ULXS4 microphones
TPS II Tube Preamplifier System
Monster Power PRO 2500
2 QSC KW153 speakers
2 QSC KW181 woofers

My basic setup
With chromecast, I can play youtube sing-along songs from my Android phone and cast to TV
Connect microphones to mixer
Connect Insigna left and right output to mixer
I left out all other complicated devices (lexicon, dbx equalizer, sonic maximizer, TPS) since I have no idea
Send audio to QSC KW series speakers but I really don't know how to connect these 4 giants speakers/woofers so I only connect to 1 KW153 at the moment.
I can also play songs from Karaoke player to TV and the audio would be through the spif to analog converter Insigna to mixer to speaker.

Issue: The microphones and karaoke songs they don't sync, I can indiviually adjust micrphone volume and music volume but when singing, it does not seem to synched. Definitely not setup right.

Advance setup
I desperately need help as I spent days and days connecting various ways but none worked.
I had one setup as follow: TPS->Mic->Sonic Maximizer->Equalizer->Mixer->Speaker (just 1 out of 4 I have) and based on input output flow.

Can someone please help me with setting up this system (input and output and type of cable to use) for these devices I have?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!!!

karaokefannewbie

Re: Need help with setup these devices together for karaoke home system

Post by karaokefannewbie »

I read some posts so here is what I will setup.

Mic->Pre-amp->Equalizer->Mixer->Speaker
Other devices such as Lexicon MX200 and Sonic Maximizer will be connected into mixer too.

Will see...
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I'll start by saying I have no knowledge of any of the equipment listed. To start with i would forget all the fancy gadgets just stick with the mixer itself and one speaker and get them working before trying to add any of the other gadgets.
If by synce problems you are refering to just the lyrics being out of synce with everything else then I think chromecast cast to tv is going to give you problems.
If your using that how are you running the audio from your phone to your mixer ?
Seeing as chromcast takes both the audio and video signal to the tv does your tv have an analog audio out for instance a headphone socket ? If so I would try running that into an analog sterio channel on your mixer, plug the mic directly into a mic channel, forget the preamp for now you should be able to get enough gain without that.
See if that brings things back in sync first.
All that fancy equipment you list and your main player is a phone !!
With a computer you can still play youtube singalong songs and hard wire everthing which will eliminate or allow adjusting synce issues.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Where and why did you get all those unnecessary electronics? Of all that stuff all you need are the player, Yamaha mixer, microphones, and speakers. Those are active speakers that do not need a separate amplifier and everything the rest of those components do can be handled by the mixer. You simply need to run the mics and the audio from the player through the mixer. Then come out of the mixer to the speakers.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Wouldn't use the phone or the chromecast period. I have tried to go wireless with a tv signal using miracast, Microsoft's version of chromecast, and even that had latency issues.
Those features are not ready for karaoke primetime. Better to stay with cables. You only need to use the basics in my opinion.
Audio chain, laptop to mixer, mic receiver or receivers to mixer mixer to speakers. Depending on use choose one pair of your speakers. Video chain, laptop to TV. Your mixer has one knob compression, 2 fx banks etc. You absolutely do not need all that extra equipment when your mixer is capable of everything the extra equipment will do.