Newbie needs help, what to use?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Snakemau25

Newbie needs help, what to use?

Post by Snakemau25 »

Hello all, well I finally pulled the plug and got me a system for karaoke! I will be using my laptop with windows 10, Yamaha MG12XUK mixer and 2 Alto TS315 speakers, also for now just some cheap DRV200 mics (will get some wireless later on). I will be trying this set up at home for fun with friends and parties, but maybe in the future once I know what I'm doing might be trying to get some gigs here and there (BIG MAYBE for this!!!). Now I been reading here and I know that if I'm using my pc, I need some software for it, so I will be trying Karafun with the family and friends, but I am also interested in a more professional software system, and so been looking at OpenKJ, PCDJ and Kanto...but seems for all these I need to download the mp4 files from youtube? any other sources? and also was wondering a few things: -its legal?, -quality of the files? -good youtube karaoke channels (Sing King?), and how do I download the files???? I guess some youtube downloader software? suggestions?
Now are there any other software that are good (I dont mind paying a subscription or buying the program, just want something with lots of options and a great songbank that also have spanish lyrics, not just english!) ??? I just read about JustKaraoke that went out so, other options? Siglos? any others??? Again I'm new to all these, so I have a steep curve to learn, any suggestions will be appreciate it and please, please, if any of the info I'm asking is wrong just correct me and tell me what I should be looking at! Dont attack my lack of knowledge, thats why I'm here asking so I can do the right thing.
Thanks and sorry for the long post

DanG2006

Re: Newbie needs help, what to use?

Post by DanG2006 »

For home use, you Tube is fine. The only Professional karaoke software that you can access without having to download from YouTube is Siglos Karaoke Professional from www.PowerKaraoke.com. has a built in song request system.
Snakemau25

Post by Snakemau25 »

Ok well, so if I have to download from youtube, then which other professional softwares are good for that and what software do you use to download from youtube?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You can use a website like https://ytoffline.net/ to download YouTube videos. Just go to YouTube and search for the song you want and then paste its url into the provided field at ytoffline and then click the GO button. You will be given a link to download the song as an MP4 video file.

MP4 videos can be played with most karaoke software players such as LYRX, PCDJ Karaoki, and Siglos Karaoke Professional.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

With Siglos, you don't even have to download it if you don't want to. It will play straight from YouTube through the player.
Enswearry

Post by Enswearry »

Thanks for all the responses. I new here as well.